Still Life & Blackwater Park

Yeah, is there something wrong with me for believing that Still Life represents the peak capability of Mikael's songwriting abilities and is a more actualized recording than Orchid? Should my posting privileges be revoked because I think Dirge For November is a better song than The Amen Corner?

I still don't understand how most of you have a set order of your Opeth album preferences. For me, it depends so heavily on the mood that I'm in that it would be wrong to say at one given time my preference.

Don't make me laugh. Just because it's OPETH it doesn't mean that it is a masterpiece.
I DISAGREE! :p Mikael sold his soul many years ago to Satan to ensure such a thing. I was there. ;)

Patterns in the ivy- *bangs repeatedly on the desk* damn this is fucking beautiful.
:lol: I hear ya! Lovely sounds indeed. When I bought BP, I was very eager to hear (among the rest of the songs) what they'd come up with for the instrumental.

Still Life and Blackwater Park are prizes to me. I don't ever find myself wanting to listening to one of the other albums when I'm listening to either. I'm too pleased with what I'm taking in at the time.

Maybe some people got used to Opeth progressing from Orchid to MAYH that by the time they came out with the Still Life's masterpiece, people just expected more rather than just appreciated what was given. That's just my opinion though, I could be way off.

Lynn