Blackwater Park and Still Life

Has anyone ever noticed that in general, those who have been into Opeth for quite a while, like myself, find Morningrise, Orchid, or MAYH their favorite while most "newbies" seem to prefer BWP or Still Life? Just an observation.
yeah, noticed that too, i think that for most people who started listening to Opeth before BWP came out Morningrise is the favourite, while most people who started with BWP like Still Life the most...

i don't know why you guys don't like SPD... it's one great piece of DEATH metal... maybe it's because many Opeth listeners seem to drift away from death metal...

I admit I listen to more bands that aren't death metal than bands that are these days. But drift AWAY from death metal? HELL NO! :)
SPD IS cruel, but DEMON OF THE FALL is Opeth's most outstanding death metal song. I love that song. SPD is good but feels just a bit strange in that position in Still Life.

I think you can tell the Martins apart VERY easily by looking at any photos of them. Mendez looks like he’s...POSSESTED all the time! :heh: I’m mean, seriously! He always looks evil in his photos. He’s got that heavy eyebrow thing going on. It’s great! :)

I think the first album heard passion holds true for me. But, MAYH is just a great album anyway and I LOVE the concept. The haunting ghost story. For some reason, I think that new listeners of Opeth would be able to enjoy Blackwater Park. I don’t know why! But, I have to tell them that I think they should start at the beginning.

I’ve been listening to Orchid all week, and this album IS AMAZING! Right from the beginning! Yes, Opeth does consume a majority of my listening time, but I want it! I want to hear it all the time! If I could, I’d install a system in my head!

Lynn

Actually it's pretty funny, looking at the BWP photo. The two Martins and Mikael look SOO evil, :heh: and then you scroll across to Peter, who just looks bored shitless! :rolleyes: :D Seriously, he looks like some Hollywood movie director with the shades and all. (No offence to the holy guitar god)

They certainly captured that 70s look.
I think they look hilarious all 4 :)

What do you imagine goes on on the front cover to Blackwater Park? Something seems to be in the works in the shadows...

Ooooh when I first looked in the cover 2 MAYH i thought Peter was the lead singer, sort of "main" guy and Mikeal the guitarist. Don't know y, but I find when I ask people who they think the lead singer is from the cover they nearly always say Peter!