Stop bitching the New In flames !

thats like sayying metallica should have their name changed starting with the black album

not quite. I'll give it to metallica and say that was a good album, and it wasn't THAT drastic of a change. Yes it was noticeable, but it wasn't that bad. They are still, metal, they are still hard rock. In Flames is having identity crisis, they don't know wtf they want to be.

EDIT: I still do love In Flames, it is just very obvious that they are going through alot of different genres. It seems like they are really trying to get radio play now IMO.

I could agree that they are trying to get radio play. When i picked up madden 09 i heard the mirrors truth, i didnt know if it was a good thing or a bad thing. I also would say that metallica didnt change as much as in flames has but on the same note in flames is like the metallica of melodeth

I already made a topic saying that In Flames should have formed under a new name when they wanted to drastically change their sound.

I don't know.

That's the most idiotic, pathetic, bullshit fanboy opinion I've ever heard. Because they're playing in a style different from the way they originally sounded, it's not In Flames anymore? In Flames can only ever play raw folky melodic death metal and if they start doing anything else they should call it something else?

Wow here we go again!

Other bands did it.
At The Gates said if they regrouped they'd do it under a different name because it would be wrong to go back to that name with new material.
Oil changed to CKY because they changed their style.

It doesn't matter anymore now, In Flames is what they play now.
I can throw out ideas if I want to.
I just wanted to know what people would think. Your opinion is obviously that it's a stupid idea, ok, cool for you.

You don't need to be a butthole.

Wow here we go again!

Other bands did it.
At The Gates said if they regrouped they'd do it under a different name because it would be wrong to go back to that name with new material.

I just wanted to know what people would think. Your opinion is obviously that it's a stupid idea, ok, cool for you.

:lol::kickass::lol::headbang::lol:

waif is just upset because his parents were divorsed at a developing time in his life ... take care and god bless

Wow here we go again!

Other bands did it.

I would say more bands have evolved under one name than have changed their name due to a change in style.
Also, AtG regrouped for that tour. Dunno if that counts...

That's because they were preforming ATG material. They're saying new material wouldn't fit as ATG.

ok.
of course, you realize the difference between their start (Gardens of Grief) and end (Slaughter of the Soul) points is huge?

If In Flames had released Lunar Strain and then the next year come out with A Sense Of Purpose it would have been a different band (literally, as only Jesper plays on both) and probably should have been under a different name. However, there's a clear evolution between every album from Lunar to ASOP. There was no point where they made a huge jump.

Are you fucking kidding me? The jump from Clayman to R2R was pretty fucking huge.

It's really not, as WAIF said, it's production that makes it sound so different. The traditional In Flames melodies are still on R2R, just buried in that strange mix. There's a bigger jump from R2R - STYE IMO.

Thank you DE4life fucking thank you.
Couldn't have said it better.

STYE was the big jump.

STYE - CC - ASOP is all natural progression to me.

R2R seems... unnatural. The melodies are there, but buried. It's like In Flames were trying to go more commercial, but were still unable to let go of their old sound. STYE is where they really let go and created the music I think they intended for R2R. I think STYE was really where their 'trademark' sound, the uniqueness they had always represented, was lost.

When I go into metal/rock clubs, they always either play stuff from Clayman, R2R or CC. I've not heard The Quiet Place, My Sweet Shadow, or anything from STYE at any of the clubs I've been to (that includes two or three metal clubs in London). It's almost always OFTW, Trigger, Cloud Connected, or Take This Life.

STYE is ultimately a failure, I think. I like it, but, it is below all other albums including Lunar Strain and ASOP.

R2R - STYE isn't too much of a jump.
They added a lot of electronics and keyboards. They continued to strip down the guitar melodies and moved further in a nu-metal direction but it's a pretty logical (if shitty) evolution. Really, STYE - CC is more of a jump.

R2R - STYE isn't too much of a jump.
They added a lot of electronics and keyboards. They continued to strip down the guitar melodies and moved further in a nu-metal direction but it's a pretty logical (if shitty) evolution. Really, STYE - CC is more of a jump.

Agreed, but CC is like a jump backwards rather than forwards. It's like they forced the guitars back in because of the negative reaction to STYE, and although CC is a very in-your-face album it feels hollow to me, without the replayability of their classic albums.

I suppose to me, CC feels artificial and constructed, whereas the classic albums feel organic and natural. CC is still a cool album, but it still seems to be missing that spark the older stuff had.

Oh, happy christmas everyone :D

We've already got enough useless posters who spout that, mate. Please be more original, or add to your post why you dislike ASOP, rather than just leaving an offensive blanket statement.

This place desperately needs mods.

I figure all of the good points as to why it sucks have been made, so there's no sense in repeating them.
It's just a really bad album by In Flames standards.