Stop bitching the New In flames !

Hi All,

I have been an In Flames fan since 1994, and have all of their albums except Whoracle and STYE. My favorite album is still The Jester Race for sure, brilliant music! I did think that ASOP was way too commercial upon the first few listens, but it has become one of my favorite In Flames albums over the past months as I continued to take it in. Some of you are completely overreacting: if you like it that is fine, and if you hate it that is fine too, it's only people's opinions, not something written in stone!

All I know is that I really like how catchy it is, and although it is different it still sounds like In Flames to me. Two of my favorite bands, Katatonia and Amorphis, are certainly more accesible now than they have ever been, but I also happen to think that they are making the best music they ever have over the last several years, even though some people call it "pussy" music now. Who Cares! I like those bands know and no one else's opinion should matter, it should only matter how it feels to me, even if everyone else tries to tell me that it is great or it is garbage!

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you are, I love it when bands decide to further their sound, experiment whilst, of course, still keeping their essence, which can definitely be said of In Flames or, as you had mentioned, a band like Amorphis, too (isn't Skyforger incredible?)! Personally, there's not many a band I like that more or less continues to do the same thing over and over again (although there are definitely exceptions to this, in a wholly positive sense at that) and, at the end of the day, why should In Flames release The Jester Race again and again when they clearly have more potential and more avenues to take (in which they have done so)? ... such would be the true self-betrayal of an artist, in my opinion!

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you are, I love it when bands decide to further their sound, experiment whilst, of course, still keeping their essence, which can definitely be said of In Flames or, as you had mentioned, a band like Amorphis, too (isn't Skyforger incredible?)! Personally, there's not many a band I like that more or less continues to do the same thing over and over again (although there are definitely exceptions to this, in a wholly positive sense at that) and, at the end of the day, why should In Flames release The Jester Race again and again when they clearly have more potential and more avenues to take (in which they have done so)? ... such would be the true self-betrayal of an artist, in my opinion!

+99999999999999

/thread

*COUGH* Opinion *COUGH*
*COUGH* No one gives a fuck *COUGH*
If your not a fan, what are you doing here? ;(

This entire thread is based on Opinion, if you don't want to hear it, don't read it.
And I am a fan, of Old In Flames.

btw, what the hell kind of face is ;(
who winks while they're frowning?

i heard Take this life in 2006 in a music video on tv, i downloaded that song via limewire and forgot about the band for 3 years, jan 2009 my friend was talkin about them and i remembered so i downloaded their discography and got hooked. i like their new stuff (reroute, soundtrack, clarity, purpose) but then i checked out their old stuff and hated the vocal at first. after listening for awhile i loved it, i love all in flames music. the old stuff is good, if you like it i dont understand how you dont like their new stuff. its not as heavy but the music is great.

I absolutely admire their old stuff, but I really won't go into new vs old, mainly due to that I love both. Older stuff is much heavier and more melodeath in every aspect making it a bit superior, but still, the new stuff ain't that bad to be just thrown somewhere. It is good, just not as much. If I'd put it on a scale from 1-10, TJR - Clayman would be on 10, while everything post that would be somewhere around 9 :). Oh and yes, I really enjoy in some of the newer stuff especially from R2R, and the album everyone seems to be bitching about, STYE, I kinda like most of the songs from there.

pfft. in flames were in flames in the late 90's. now it's a whole different band than then. im not the biggest fan of the "old in flames" and actually that stuff doesn't get me at all, is the new shit that "blows" my mind off. 'bout the sense of purpose; it has a few kick ass songs but rest of the songs imo are songs to fill a record up... And i was like "ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu" when i realized that it was a bad buy when i bought the record. still. in flames is a band to trust and soundtrack to ur escape is a madass CD and imo their best one. then comes cc and clayman. When you talk about the "NEW" in flames, sure their music has changed but yet that is the thing, see. ac/dc every record they've published in the years is the same shiiiit over, over, over and over again. so imo it's a good thing that in flames changed their ways almost on every record, coz every album is different.

I see a whole lot of QQ on this thread (if you're not qq'ing, I'm not talking to you so fuck off).

In MY OPINION, In Flames is an amazing band all around. From the old stuff to the new stuff, I've enjoyed every piece. NOW, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when you DARE compare In Flames to an "emo" style, you've pissed me the fuck off.

In Flames has never even been the slightest of emo. Now, some of their newer music does show emotion, but emotion is not "emo".

Go fuck off and listen to some gay ass band like Bring Me The Horizon... God those emo fucks piss me off.

True metal for life!

I see a whole lot of QQ on this thread (if you're not qq'ing, I'm not talking to you so fuck off).

In MY OPINION, In Flames is an amazing band all around. From the old stuff to the new stuff, I've enjoyed every piece. NOW, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when you DARE compare In Flames to an "emo" style, you've pissed me the fuck off.

In Flames has never even been the slightest of emo. Now, some of their newer music does show emotion, but emotion is not "emo".

Go fuck off and listen to some gay ass band like Bring Me The Horizon... God those emo fucks piss me off.

True metal for life!

I'm pretty sure those fans are the ones who prefer the newer In Flames...

Bashing is far more entertaining than people repeating the same points ad infinitum.

I'm pretty sure those fans are the ones who prefer the newer In Flames...
Bring Me The Horizon?

Fuckkkk that shit.

I enjoy Old AND New In Flames. And I definitely don't enjoy that British pussyfuck that is "Oliver Sykes".

Stop hating on the new In Flames man. =P

If i got this straight..
The people complaining about ''New'' In Flames, is actually the fans of New In Flames?
Are you fucking retarded?

If you read what I highlighted, you wouldn't have to make you look like a moron. Most of the people who love new In Flames are your kids who love Suicide Silence and all that garbage. They're also usually slipknot fans and disturbed fans :puke:

Hey guys, I'm back :p. I love the old In Flames albums (esp The Jester Race and Colony), I looove Behemoth, I love Gojira, I love Arch Enemy ...

Looking back at the shit I said last year, I can't help but feeling ashame ... but in a way, it's funny.

Anyway, long live Death Metal

I've been getting bored of screaming music lately. Last band I've listened to was Soilwork.

I've been just cranking up Dream Theater.

I just listened to "Trigger" for the first time. OMG, I didn't expect it to be that bad. The chorus is some of the worst shit I've ever heard.

I just listened to "Trigger" for the first time. OMG, I didn't expect it to be that bad. The chorus is some of the worst shit I've ever heard.

What the fuck? Living under a rock the past 7 years? I can say with 100% confidence that it was not the first time you heard Trigger.