shittts.gif
shittts.gif
shittts.gif
shittts.gif
shittts.gif
shittts.gif
shittts.gif

I feel kind of bad...

These two posts were practically the perfect end to this ridiculous topic, until I bumped it again :D

Mr. Anti-bottled could not be more spot on. So many confused underdeveloped ideas of what actual music consists of - This might as well be a Korn forum. (and that would be a compliment to Anders nowadays)

Without the comedic aspect of all the IF fanboys defensive responses, this thread would not be active right now. If you notice its the people egging you guys on that's keeping this discussion going. :lol:

Before you posted this thread had been inactive for 2 years pal :D people have fled this forum for pastures new - mainly jestarhed and n'flaymz facebook page.

Seeing as I'm here, I'd like to officially revise my opinion on the first page of the topic. ASOP is a steaming pile of shit, and I don't like it at all. Thanks.

Still funny! :lol:

Return of A88? AND De4life? Damn. Who knows, just like when the last album was getting closer, this forum might once again rise from the dead, or you can at least hope.

Yeah we're back! :headbang:

Ready for new OMGItsgonnabejustlikethejesterrace FlameZ album.

Ah, it's my bro from another ho, A88 :cool:

Don't worry Krofius, this forum will never die. It'll rise from the ashes like a phoenix every time the rumble of "new album" rumours stir it from its slumber.

Just wait until the next leak thread starts... shit will get fucking real.

Yeah I guess. It was the same thing before SOAPF, average posts per year must have been like 2 or something and then there actually was pretty good activity around the album.

Although, I hope you aren't having extreme expectations or anything. In general I think it will be ''less'' heavier and few less screams, for sure. But it will still be In Flames and I doubt I'll hate it.

Time will tell, 1month until they start writing the album. Maybe around October we'll start getting some cool news. Although, there's some cool news I heard, which is that they're not going to use IF studios this time, which can be a bit interesting because I assume they're not going to use Roberto Laghi as producer then since he exclusively works in IF Studios if I'm not wrong. Or they will selfproduce it together with Daniel Bergstrand again. And also, Anders has a solo project going on, but it's not going to be metal or anything, it's going to be heavily oriented towards electronic music since he's a huge fan of Trent Reznor.

Here's the whole interview if anyone is interested:
http://www.elektron.se/talk/735

Anders and his electronic music... silly bender.

I have huuuuuge expectations Krofius. I can feel it, this next album is the "back to the roots" album we've all been waiting for. Jesper will return, melodies not heard since 1996 will blast out of the speakers and our faith in n'flaymz will be restored once more :D

Seriously though, if it sounds like an evolution of SOAPF I'll be happy. If it sounds like STYE or ASOP I'll bash the fuck out of the sellout wankers.

Can't wait. :D

I just hope somebody told Anders he has a shitty, whiny voice for clean singing.

Musically, soap(f) with better guitar sound works for me.

AND, I'm hoping for a new version of Bottled. :loco:

Yeah I'm more than happy with SOAPF actually and I still listen to some tracks a lot still, my favorite song is definitely Fear Is the Weakness, i just love everything in that song. Except for that I still really like Where the Dead Ships Dwell, A New Dawn, title track & All For Me. Liberation does nothing for me though, and never did when it was released either, one of my least favorite IF songs ever.

Soundwise...You always think you can expect something but you never know. But CoB just released one of their best albums ever and AA released a damn good album way better than Surtur Rising at least, so sometimes you get pleasantly shocked.

But I don't even think there's an possibility they'll go do another Come Clarity or something, I do think it will be another evolution of SOAPF, kinda. But they will still be metal. Or maybe they'll do an ''Roots of all evil'' Arch Enemy style re-recording of the first few albums?!?!

I like Liberation. It's very different to what the band normally do but it shits all over trash like Bottled and that godawful mess they called 'the chosen pessimist'. I think it's a cool way to end the album.

Can easily listen to SOAPF the whole way through, even now. It's definitely "new" In Flames but it's the kind of music I can get behind, unlike ASOP which to me was an indefensible musical atrocity. The album should have been titled "fuck it, can't be bothered" because that's what most of the songs sound like.

I still like SOAPF a lot (all the songs), and if they keep going in that direction, great. I do hope they make it sound a little heavier though. I don't mean just riffs, but the production. I like all their shit, but am hoping for an older-style album, especially since they are doing the comic thing which is starting with Lunar Strain. Maybe that is getting them to think back to their first few albums.

I don't see it happening tbh, for numerous reasons.

The most obvious one is the departure of Jesper. He was the biggest link to that style of music - the other band members aren't into melodic death metal in the same way Jesper was/is. Anders and Bjorn prefers 80's music, and they're the main musical influences in the band these days. Without Jesper I don't think there's any link to even give them motivation to go back to their older stuff.

Anders' voice is another big problem. I love the man despite him being a bit of an emo, but he's lost a lot of power in his vocals. He call pull out a few lines here and there (A New Dawn, for example) but you will never see Anders do an entire album in that style anymore. Come Clarity is the last we'll see of Anders putting in a proper melodeath vocal style performance imo. He sounded fine on SOAPF, though, so he should just go with that - even though he can't sing live. Fact is his vocal style was never going to last forever, especially with the amount of touring n'flamyz have done and still do.

I think In Flames should be able to do whatever they want, and fans can be disappointed in what they want, but if you've hated In Flames ever since Reroute To Remain and still go on new In Flames videos and ask "WHERE IS MY MELODEATH" you're pretty much clinically retarded.

It's not even the same people anymore.

I thought the new album had the melodic and vocal delivery of Come Clarity with a more catchy and cleaner vibe in some songs.
It seemed like a step up from Siren Charms to me.

That's not to say I don't like all the songs (Save Me can go away)