Stop bitching the New In flames !

Well I mean, they were in their early 20's and in the mid 90s, things were very different back then than today. productionwise of the albums was also alot different, so ofcourse there is a huuge difference in the melo death 12+ years ago and today.

Yeah don't you just love that oldschool low budget metal production?
I certainly do. I mean, they didn't even have samples and shit back then, nordstrom said they came up with all synth sounds and shit from scratch, which makes it pretty unique and awesome at the same time. like on Slaughter of the soul, he said they tried slapping dildos on frying cans to get some ''cool'' sounds and shit haha.

my opinion is that many people dont understand the albums from new era..
every album till R2R has very concrete sound, clayman especially.. I know there are some songs written in A# before (ordinary story, colony, pinball map) but since R2R I there are only trigger and cloud connected in C (not sure).. so they started to play it deeper in contrast of higher and higher voice of anders.. (since clean screaming on ASOP, what I in principle like, but I'm afraid if he will be ever able to growl longer than 3 verses for show..) I think there are still fuckin great ideas and compositions are getting more complicated.. they tried to write songs more for live performances, many rhythms less harmonies or shorter harmonies hidden in massive sound of rhythms.. I dont think that in flames have ever published a track that there was not hard work behind.. and they never tried to copy someone or copy themselves.. thats why I love them and I'm addicted fan of their music.. even if they will produce something new :)

Im pretty sure that reroute to remain, system, drifter, egonomic, minus, dismiss the cynics, free fall, dark signs, black and white is in A# and transparent seems to me even deeper than A#.. and also pinball map, colony and ordinary story.. but you are right in that from STYE there is no song in C, what is not really important because dropped A# means only extension of range..

Hi all. I started listening to In Flames 3 months ago, and I'm going to see them live in November, in Quebec and just bought their last record. So I thought it was cool, now as a "official" In flames fan, to have access to a whole new community of fans sharing the same passion for In flames.

Cool.

With this idea in mind, I went in the forum ...Only people insulting the band, "I want a good laugh I'll listen to ASOP" "They've become a sold-out EMO band" "They don't respect they're good ol' fan !" "They only play commercial stuff to attract their new, younger audiance" or the new fans "New fans suck !!!" "They're are EMO kids !" "They don't even know the lyrics of the good ol' songs !!!" INFAMY !!!

OMG, evil old fans everywhere! Shoot 'em!

Of course I don't know the old songs ! I like In flames because of Comes Clarity and ASOP, and even if I love some songs from the older era (Trigger comes to mind), I listened to the old records and didn't like it. I found them good, but not good enough to learn the chorus JUST for the sake of the good ol' fan ...

Wow, Trigger. Now that's some really old, obscure stuff. See, DE4life, Anders told us, crowd won't move with that boring old Clayman. Choruses just aren't good enough. And we all know chorus is THE most important part of the song.

And stop calling In falmes EMO !!! Seriously WTF ?

Oh, I feel like shiiiit....

Take this life...

Heal me, I can't sleep...

Stop bitching the New In flames !

No! :D

OP's first post is one of the best posts in the history of this board imo :D

I don't feel ashamed at all to call the OP fucking stupid.

OP, you're fucking stupid!

Trigger is an old era song? You're fucking stupid!

OK, I'm know that OP's post is pretty old and that he probably won't read this. But OP, you're still fucking stupid.

If trigger is old era...then shit...jester race must be like....ancient. Did they even have guitars back then???

This has gotten me confused and worked up...maybe I should put one of their older albums in...say stye.... So I can remember what in flames used to sound like...o_O

In all honesty I like old and new...but that comment is just straight up wrong

If it's a troll post it was masterfully done, if it wasn't then I find it even funnier :D

It's like if you gathered a crowd of "nu" In Flames fans and asked them to release a statement about older fans attacking the band, OP's first post is what would come out.

Soundtrack to Your Escape = The Phantom Menace
Come Clarity = Attack of the Clones
A Sense of Purpose = Revenge of the Sith

LOL

Well if we are comparing In Flames albums to Star Wars films:

The Phantom menace = The Jester Race
Attack of the Clones = Soundtrack to your Escape
Revenge of the Sith = Come Clarity
A New Hope = Whoracle
The Empire Strikes Back = Colony
Return of the Jedi = Clayman

Yes out of the prequel films I like The Phantom Menace the most, while the original trilogy are better than all 3 prequels, hence why they represent In Flames older work. Attack of the Clones is just..... hence why Soundtrack represents it :)