Stop bitching the New In flames !

How the fuck is it not stubborn?
Fucking In Flames playing old songs and a bunch of faggots look confused because these assholes think that they started in 2002.
No one think they started in 2002, I have never heard one say that atleast.
And ofcourse they don't know all songs, they know the popular ones, aka most recent ones, hence the ''new fans'' sign..Sigh. If they started listened to if 2-3 months ago I'm pretty sure they are still discovering new songs. Don't hate on people just because they don't know songs yet. In time, they will know all old and new songs. There is not many bands existing that plays alot of their first albums songs that has been active for 10-15+ music, they are known for their latest efforts ofcourse. IF is like any other band, they play some songs from almost all albums. always have aswell.

The older material is musically, artistically, intellectually superior to the new material. This is the closest thing to fact as you can get in this type of debate. If you're trying to argue otherwise, you're just being stubborn. I agree that what people like is an opinion but just because more people like simpler dumbed down things doesnt mean it is just as good quality.

See, this is when you should be smacked in the face and not allowed to post your bullshit as "facts"

The older material is NOT technically harder to play, if anything, most seasoned guitarists will tell you it is probably easier.

You're also fucked up on the musicality part. As In Flames grew older they branched out and incorporated more elements of musica than they did in the past. Different genres of metal, different riff and lead styles, again you're a fucking moron and you shouldn't be allowed to even post in here.

Liking their growth or not is mainly up to the individual, but por favor don't come spitting your juvenile shit everywhere.

It's such a silly argument, really, it is to consider the band stopped making good music up to this point. They crafted what their sound is all the way up to this album because each album gave way to the next, there's no GOING BACK TO THE ROOTS because the fucking new album is the culmination of all these years.

Now, it isn't to say when they go back for the next album that they don't decide to give it a harder edge, a more raw approach of recording and mixing. What will be funny is if the new album isn't as good as ASOP...a la Wraith from LOG being inferior to the heavily produced Sacrament.

Now THAT will be something to talk about lol.

See, this is when you should be smacked in the face and not allowed to post your bullshit as "facts"

The older material is NOT technically harder to play, if anything, most seasoned guitarists will tell you it is probably easier.

You're also fucked up on the musicality part. As In Flames grew older they branched out and incorporated more elements of musica than they did in the past. Different genres of metal, different riff and lead styles, again you're a fucking moron and you shouldn't be allowed to even post in here.

Liking their growth or not is mainly up to the individual, but por favor don't come spitting your juvenile shit everywhere.

It's such a silly argument, really, it is to consider the band stopped making good music up to this point. They crafted what their sound is all the way up to this album because each album gave way to the next, there's no GOING BACK TO THE ROOTS because the fucking new album is the culmination of all these years.

Now, it isn't to say when they go back for the next album that they don't decide to give it a harder edge, a more raw approach of recording and mixing. What will be funny is if the new album isn't as good as ASOP...a la Wraith from LOG being inferior to the heavily produced Sacrament.

Now THAT will be something to talk about lol.

I never said older was more technical vs newer which doesnt mean jack. There are at least some facts to back up my argument . Look at the lyrics for example. The new lyrics are written at a juvenile level compared to the older material. What you're calling growth in the music was a change to a more mainstream style to get more fans period. It's their choice, but it's still a drop in the quality of work they were putting out and their potential is much more.

There are at least some facts to back up my argument . Look at the lyrics for example. The new lyrics are written at a juvenile level compared to the older material. .

If there were ever such a thing as writing LYRICS at a juvenile level. lol, wtf.

If their new CD is worse than ASOP I give up on them.

Excellent. So, maybe then you'll stop being so butt hurt. You do realize that I've spoken to some other "true" and pretentious elitist death metal twats that despise old In Flames for ushering in the groove death metal era right?

To them In Flames has and always will be "mainstream" and "accessible" douchebags.

Funny how that works huh?

If there were ever such a thing as writing LYRICS at a juvenile level. lol, wtf.

Excellent. So, maybe then you'll stop being so butt hurt. You do realize that I've spoken to some other "true" and pretentious elitist death metal twats that despise old In Flames for ushering in the groove death metal era right?

To them In Flames has and always will be "mainstream" and "accessible" douchebags.

Funny how that works huh?

I'm not saying shit, I'm just saying I don't like ASOP and if they can get worse than that by my opinion then I'm not gonna even bother with them anymore.

The old In Flames is okay at best but nothing great... the new In Flames is fucking awful...

Either way, the band gets way more attention than they deserve.

I got into In Flames originally through Clayman & Reroute. I originally heard stuff off TJR & Whoracle, thought it was awful, and promptly deleted. Then again, In Flames were the band to get me into metals, so the fact I started off with Clayman rather than Linkin Park or Limp Bizkit or Papa Roach is pretty impressive IMO :D

Anyway, point is I do understand where some people are coming from in regards to fans getting into the newer stuff, then going back to the older stuff.

Problem is, R2R & Clayman still had vague styles leftover from TJR/Whoracle and Clayman is almost Colony II, so going backwards wasn't an issue then. Anybody getting into In Flames from STYE onwards would not be so much melodic death metal fans as nu-metal/metalcore fans, therefore they will have very little interest in listening to the older albums because their music tastes will suck. Whereas I got into metal through In Flames, DT, Soilwork, Arch Enemy, COB, etc etc... nowadays it's (new) In Flames, Slipknot, Trivium, etc. Such music isn't compatible with In Flames old-catalogue and is why I think they will struggle to merge the two eras together at any point. The two fan-sets they've created are into totally different styles of music (though both fall under the metal bracket).

I'm generalising a little, and there will be fans who buck the trend and appreciate the old shit for its awesomeness, but the majority will simply ignore it and refuse to go back past R2R (which they'd probably class is "old In Flames").

I don't agree with that one. I came to In Flames thru...ASOP!!! and I still think that TJR and Whoracle are awesome as hell!!! so please don't generalise like that, it might be true for some (or many) fans, but not for all.
and I don't like metalcore!!!

The old In Flames is okay at best but nothing great... the new In Flames is fucking awful...

Either way, the band gets way more attention than they deserve.
That's where you are fucking retardedly wrong dude. They've been around for 20 years and they are probably one of the most touring bands in the world, and definitely in Sweden. And don't forget that they are pioneers of the Gothenburg sound either..I don't get why they shouldn't have more recognition than they already have.

I don't agree with that one. I came to In Flames thru...ASOP!!! and I still think that TJR and Whoracle are awesome as hell!!! so please don't generalise like that, it might be true for some (or many) fans, but not for all.
and I don't like metalcore!!!

did you not read or understand my last sentence?

Here:

I'm generalising a little, and there will be fans who buck the trend and appreciate the old shit for its awesomeness, but the majority will simply ignore it and refuse to go back past R2R (which they'd probably class is "old In Flames").

Please read the entire post before feeling offended.

I remembered hearing some post about "their old stuff will be easier to play than their new stuff for them" or some shit like that.
That's not true at all, because they changed their style in the first place so they can play it live easier, and not have layers of guitaring left out.

I remembered hearing some post about "their old stuff will be easier to play than their new stuff for them" or some shit like that.
That's not true at all, because they changed their style in the first place so they can play it live easier, and not have layers of guitaring left out.
Wrong. They do the songs nowadays intended to play them live yes, but they are not easier techinally at all. ''Old Songs'' had many layers of guitars which they obviously couldn't have live since they were only 2 guitarists. It has nothing to do with ''making the music easier techinally to play live'', They do songs that they can play live without the song itself sounding to different..For example Reflect The Storm is a song they haven't played because of some very technical parts in the song (Björn said it himself) My point is that they only changed in a way that they did the songs intended to be played live, but not making them necessarily easier technical-wise.

Wrong. They do the songs nowadays intended to play them live yes, but they are not easier techinally at all. ''Old Songs'' had many layers of guitars which they obviously couldn't have live since they were only 2 guitarists. It has nothing to do with ''making the music easier techinally to play live'', They do songs that they can play live without the song itself sounding to different..For example Reflect The Storm is a song they haven't played because of some very technical parts in the song (Björn said it himself) My point is that they only changed in a way that they did the songs intended to be played live, but not making them necessarily easier technical-wise.

td;dr

Technically it's really fuckin difficult to play multiple guitars at the same time!
:worship:

pizzarollface.gif

did you not read or understand my last sentence?

Here:

Quote:
Please read the entire post before feeling offended.
I'm sorry, I guess I was pretty when I read (fucking school) and I must have overread it. and I didn't feel offended at all, so let's just listen to some music and drink some beer...