Strange how you never become...

I wanted to be an astronaut, until someone told me: "no, astronauts have to be short, like jockeys, to fit in those space capsules"

by the time I found out it was a lie, it was TOO LATE. Although I have inner ear problems so I doubt I could have been one anyway.

Before that I wanted to be a construction worker, specializing in dump truck driving. Then I was told that in the winter dump trucks get converted to snow plows. fuck that!

Iris said:
Indeed.
Watching a man in the kitchen, cooking, on his bare feet?
Simply rules.
Ugh, never! Simply thinking about my bare feet on ceramic or tile floors gives me the heebee jeebies!

Interesting question Jen.

When I was young, I wanted to be a rock singer. Puberty (with the voice change) destroyed that. Then I found guitar, whoa, life changing event... I really, really wanted to do that for a living. But found out no matter how hard I tried, I just was not good enough.

Tried many jobs, but not till current job did I find what I like. It's almost like a teacher (on computers) to our companies workers. I do alot more than that but that is what is the most satisfing. I guess I just like to help people learn.

My next goal would be a pro golfer, yeah laugh if you will, but making huge $$$ for 4 days work at a time, being in the most beautiful of nature's settings, just really appeals to me. just wish I was better at it...:lol:

Shpongled said:
I wanted to be an Indy car driver when I was young. That or a rock star.

As I grew older and went to college I was never sure what I REALLY wanted to be. The idea of any sort of work was very unappealing. I didn't like the idea that I had to go do something I'd most likely hate every day just because that's how humanity works. I don't believe in that stuff. I believe everyone should be able to do what they want, when they want, how they want and why they want without having to justify it to anyone else. If people are supposed to be free, how come we have to go to work every day? To earn money so that we can keep a roof over our heads and food on our table in a pre-defined civilization that we had no part in creating, but must adhere to simply because this civilization has made it virtually impossible to live your life without it.

Anyways, what I was trying to say is that I decided in college that I may as well do something involving music since it's something I'm very passionate about. I signed up for Broadcasting classes and took them on the side while I also studied Multimedia Design. I loved building websites.

Long story short, I now work in the radio business both on-air (Broadcasting) and doing web design (Multimedia Design), so for as long as I've had the decision made, I've pretty much become the person I wanted to as far as a career is concerned.

As far as "who I am" I've still got a ways to go, but I know I'm getting there and I probably won't fully achieve it before I die. If I do, what then will I have left to live for? I love who I am, where I've been, and what I'm doing. Occasionally I question myself about these things, but I know deep down I'm cruising along in the right direction at a solid pace.

I guess for me personally, I don't agree with that lyric. You can become whatever you want, if you want it bad enough.

I think that as we grow and mature and develop more of our own sense of self our goals and dreams tend to change and I think that might be more of what he's trying to say.

I do believe that you are never to old to try and fulfill your dreams. Lord knows I have a million and one things I'd like to accomplish.

Start a band, run a record label, open a metal bar, open a metal shop,
teach healing arts, have my own Reiki studio, etc..

Some of those may never happen, but for me as long as I'm involved in the music business in some way I will be happy. And that's something I've always wanted, it's just when I was young I wanted to be a music teacher, now with how crazy these kids are now a days, screw that!! hehe..

I really do like the way you look at things:)