Stuff you recently discovered

Soul of Ice

Rusted Angel
Jul 29, 2002
Yonkers
Visit site
Why the hell didnt anyone ever ever tell me about megadeth? I just burned Youthanasia today, and I can't get over how amazing it is. Its really melodic metal. And a little while ago my friend played me some Rust in Peace, that shit is downright prog! DAMN IT now there is a ton of more money I have to shell out to add to my CD collection.

I heard Pathos and Pagans Mind for the first time about two weeks ago. Killer bands! I love both of their newest albums that I got. Anyone have a opinion on their other albums?

Youthanasia is brilliant IMO.

the song writing, the production, the solos, everything.

amazing melodic metal CD.

Rust in Peace is the thrash classic, and one of the greatest metal CDs ever created.

I myself love every Deth album up to and including Cryptic Writings.

I'd also reccomend Chris Poland's band Damn the Machine and their self-titled CD.
Awesome, very original prog metal.

the band I've recently discovered that is ruling my world is Canderia.

I just recently got Empiricism by Borknagar. It's my first Borknagar cd, and man, I LOVE IT! Vintersorg is an amazing vocalist and I can't stop listening to that cd. I can't wait for their new one coming out later this year!

Yeah, I like Megadeth, but I wouldn't call RIP prog. Definitely one of the best thrash albums ever. Killing is my business is good, kindy cheesy, Peace Sells is a great album, So Far so Good so What is solid, but not as great as their other early releases. I don't like Countdown and Youthanasia that much. Cryptic Writings and The world needs a hero have some good songs on them. And of course, Risk is one of the worst metal albums ever made, we can put some of the blame for that on Marty's new found love for pop music. On the whole, Megadeth was a good band.

akashic.. brazilian prog, great stuff..
virtuocity.. finish neoclasical metal.. with marco hietala and goodman on vocals, with drummer from cob, with guy from tarot on keys and "the mastermind" (i dont know his name :) ) on guitar and bass.. pretty good, melodic stuff.. especially nice guitarwork and keys..

This might sound really, really stupid but I just discovered Queensryche.... Got my hands on Operation: Mindcrime, and it still amazes me when I listen to it.. Such emotional stuff is hard to find nowadays.

Oh, and I shouldn't forget to mention Time Requiem.. Thanks Ultimate_Symphony :)

Hey,

I`ve just listened to a sampler with interesting bands like Circle II circle with ex-Savatage shouter Zak Stevens, Time requiem and Children of Bodom and last but not least The haunted. I`m very likely to buy new CoB and Time requiem.

Originally posted by SyX-Fan
This might sound really, really stupid but I just discovered Queensryche.... Got my hands on Operation: Mindcrime, and it still amazes me when I listen to it.. Such emotional stuff is hard to find nowadays.

Oh, and I shouldn't forget to mention Time Requiem.. Thanks Ultimate_Symphony :)

No problem bud :D

Originally posted by SyX-Fan

Yeah! I just heard Time Requiem for the first time about three weeks ago. I love em! Aren't they great?

My recent significant "discoveries" are Opeth and Pain of Salvation. I've had Blackwater park for a couple of years, but never really got into it - that was until I bought Deliverance and several other Opeth CDs. I haven't been able to stop listening.

As for PoS, I listened to their samples on Amazon, but I didn't dig what they were doing. A friend gave both One Hour... and The Perfect Element and I totally loved them - everything about them, in fact! Now I own all PoS CDs.