When and how did you got into THE HAUNTED

I saw them live in the middle of 2001 and right from the start when they pulled out dark intentions I knew it was the fucking thrashband I had been waiting for.

Friend of mine let me borrow Slaughter of the Soul (ATG) around '99, I went to their site and found my way to The Haunted site. My life has never been the same!!!

I discovered them yesterday, haha. I bought Slaughter of the Soul and started to wonder what Anders Bjorler was up to nowadays, so I searched and came up with The Haunted and downloaded a bunch of songs (don't worry, I'll buy the albums, too). Wow! This stuff is so much better than any other recent melodic death that I can think of (cough In Flames cough). Just some more stuff for me to blow money on.

coronerox said:
Hi there.....I was wondering that would be a good idea for you guys to share and tell us how and when did you get into THE HAUNTED........

Ok, I discovered the band about two years ago, when a friend of mine gave me a Metal Collection CD, and I heard a song called CHASM, and It blew my head off.!!!!!! Then I discovered that the name of the band was The Haunted and featured ex - At The Gates members and stuff.....
What about you?

Cheers

I bought Earache's album "earplugged 2" back in 1997. It's a compilation album and on it they had Haunted's demo song "undead". I worshipped that song and when the album was released I got blown away.
Thrash metal was finally back! The Haunted kicks ass!

PS. At The Gates "Slaughter of the soul" is a masterpiece!!! :headbang: DS.

i was really into at the gates (i am even now)... i was told that it was the band of anders and jonas, so i bought made me do it.. i didnt like it too much, atg were hundreds times better... but now i heard one kill wonder... its fuckin heavy! (maybe too much slayer-like..)
The matter is that at the gates were fuckin original, had a great personality... the haunted haven't it, they're a simple swedish thrash metal band.. maybe better than others, but they havnt nothing new to say, i fear...

I checked them out because of the Björlers earlier involvement in ATG and, if possible, I was even more blown away by their awsomeness then when i first listened to ATG.

I think I first heard the haunted when I found out they were playing a gig in belfast back in 2000 (with the crown \m/) and I went out and bought the self titled album before the gig. I wouldve bought any CD in those days.

i herd them on a the sonic excess cd then again on a free cd i got with metal hammer then once more on a terroizer cd and i got the haunted,made me do it,one kill wonder today and have yet to listen to one kill wonder but the other 2 kick alot of ass.
I love the haunted

I went to my brother's friends house about a year ago..and they were playing all this music by them..and by the end of the day I wanted to listen to them more..so he let me have his copy of "the haunted made me do it" ..awesome.