How did you discover Beseech?

I discover Beseeech by myself, as a metal fan form the swedish metal I was looking for new bands and read a review of souls highway. I download the album and was great to discover this band.

I saw an ad for the 'Black Emotions' Album in terrorizer so i decided to check it out. Turns out it rocks!! So i got the others soon after and the new mp3 souls highway and thought it rocked.

I was searching for cover songs on mp3.com and stumbled over their great Gimme, Gimme, Gimme version.

The rest of the cover charts there is shit, I may add. :)

Originally posted by Mark
I know some of you will have discovered them when UM began hosting their forum, and I discovered them when Rob emailed me about hosting the forum :) But for those who had the forsight to listen to them before then, how did you discover them? Recommendation? See them live somewhere? Just tried them out of interest?

I heard of them when you sent me the promo of their new album Mark ;)

I first discoverd Beseech on an complication CD called "033" (with local bands) but I diden´t put any attention to them at that time. Then I started to work on Volvo in my hometown Borås and I met Jonas Strömberg from Beseech there and it where right before they started to record "Black Emotions". So That´s my story.

Was looking at some bands on mp3.com, saw Beseech on similar bands. They sound pretty great, but I didn't bother getting Gimme Gimme Gimme.. Because ABBA isn't really for me. But from what you guys are saying, maybe I should get it?

I discovered Beseech on the "Sometimes... Death is better"-Compilation by Shiver records (I believe it was in 1996 or 1997). A friend of mine gave me the CDs because his band (Kadath from Aachen, Germany) published a song there, too.

Robert and I began to write each other and are still in good contact (thanx to the internet !). But we haven´t met in all these years!

I´m willing to change that so help me and write to
www.wacken-open-air that they should invite Beseech for this year´s festival!

Thanx alot!

Well, a lot of my favourite bands are on Napalm Records, and I ordera lot of stuff directly from them. That means I get the catalogue sent out to me two or three times a year, which usually has little bits on their new releases. Besech happaned to be mentioned in the spring/summer one I think, and I downloaded a few samples and liked what I heard. :D

Everybody who knows me knows that Type O Negative owns me, so a good friend of mine sent me an mp3 of 'Gimme, Gimme, Gimme' knowing I'd be amused with a disco song being done in a haunting and Steele-istic way. Totally impressed, I had to listen to the rest of "Soul's Highway" and realized that Beseech has a eerily beautiful style all of their own. They are one of my favorite bands now.