How did you discover A Prelude to Tragedy?

Heh. I'm so glad you chose to name the band A Prelude To Tragedy instead of something like, say.... The Foreshadowing Of A F***up. :lol:

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm so o_O today.)

That was our 2nd choice. It just seemed too obvious. :lol:

I still think we should have gone with "A Precursor To A Shitstorm". Now THAT would be truth in advertising.

SRS

That was our 2nd choice. It just seemed too obvious. :lol:

I still think we should have gone with "A Precursor To A Shitstorm". Now THAT would be truth in advertising.

SRS

Hmmmm.....I have an idea for a logo.

This should be good..hehe.

Koelling, you still need to forward me that mail with the photos that we looked at last night, too..lmfao.

Okay, my turn.

I met Koelling on MP.com back before it became a cesspool *g*..he sent me a copy of Diary of a Lost Soul to play on my (now defunct) radio show..met him in person a few years back when he started making decals for Symphony X..and now he's one of my dearest friends. :)

Oh shit, he's the one that made the first SymX decals?!? I had one of those very proudly displayed on my old jetta! *sigh*... i need a new decal :(

Anyway, i learned about the band through YOU Jax! :headbang:

Oh shit, he's the one that made the first SymX decals?!? I had one of those very proudly displayed on my old jetta! *sigh*... i need a new decal :(

Yep, that'd be him! Hear that Koelling? Make me some decals, man! ;)
Anyway, i learned about the band through YOU Jax! :headbang:

Good to see ya over here, Zach! :D Ya'll say hi to Zach..he's a good kid. :)

Well, my wife and I were strolling around Pier 39 prior to the aforementioned DT show (for the 6DOIT tour) and I saw Koelling, Bartman, and a couple of others who I fail to recall. They were all wearing these cool ass long sleeve shirts unlike anything I'd seen before. Because of the uniqueness of the shirts, I thought that they might have been part of the DT crew or something. Anyway, after a few prods from my wife, I approached the gang, and introduced myself. I exchanged info with Koelling, and I went by his place a few weeks later to get a copy of the first CD. He began telling me the concept behind 'Shadows', and I literally got goosebumps.

That was the beginning of a friendship that has seen it's ups and downs, but has remained intact through it all. I got totally motivated to start playing drums again after many years, and I even auditioned for the band, but I was just too out of practice to pull it off. It was also the beginning of my life on the internet, which eventually led me to buy Dementia Radio.

It's funny now that I think about it...that chance meeting on the Boardwalk that day sent me down a completely different life path. If we had decided to go somewhere else that day, chances are I would not be aware of the band at all, and I'm sure my life would be different than it is today in many ways.

Fate. What an interesting thing to ponder.

*waits for one of The Steves™ to explain this one to me* hehe :)

I was afraid it was the pic of me tilting back a huge bottle of Belgian Ale while playing at Richardson's house. Robbie entitles the pic "The beginning of the end". Shortly after that, I lost the ability to know when to stop playing.

Anyway, that's what I feared would be the logo for "A Precursor To A Shitstorm". That's all.

SRS

I was afraid it was the pic of me tilting back a huge bottle of Belgian Ale while playing at Richardson's house. Robbie entitles the pic "The beginning of the end". Shortly after that, I lost the ability to know when to stop playing.

Anyway, that's what I feared would be the logo for "A Precursor To A Shitstorm". That's all.

SRS

:lol: