How did you discover A Prelude to Tragedy?

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
New forum, so it's time to revisit this thread here..so do tell, how did you discover A Prelude to Tragedy?

I met them through Steve "Zildjian" Richardson. He had just become their drummer, so he invited me to join the Forum.
The first time I actually met SK and SS in person is when Zildjian and I took a road trip from Oregon To Cali to see Dream Theater on their "6DOIT" tour at the Warfield in San Fran.
Have seen lots of changes and stuff over the years with the band, but I'm still here. :headbang:

Robby

Weird. It was basically happenstance.

Ytsejammer sent me an invite URL to the Esucarys forum. I wandered in, registered, and made myself at home not knowing much about the band. I vaguely recalled seeing Steve's band name around MP.com as his username way back when. Still, that was my first exposure to the band and their music.

I've known SK for quite some time from MP.com. One day out of the blue we just started IM'ing each other, and it's been downhill ever since. :lol:

Then a few years back, I flew out to the bay and spent with the weekend at SK's and got to spend some quality time with him and SS and a few other friends. I got to watch to them laying down the early, early, early tracks for this album. Neener neener. :hotjump:

BTW, I still get goosebumps when I think about SS killing that bass line in "With These Hands". He had just picked it up that weekend and said "F it, I'm going to do this", and off he went. Quite the sight to see.

BTW, I still get goosebumps when I think about SS killing that bass line in "With These Hands". He had just picked it up that weekend and said "F it, I'm going to do this", and off he went. Quite the sight to see.

Oh damn! I'd forgotten you were there for that. Too cool! I was only a 6-day-old bass player when I recorded that. Too much fun.

SRS

I met Sorrell atop a hazardous waste dump nestled in the mean streets of Hunters Point, SF. Of all places to meet such a talented musician! Our paths crossed again at Treasure Island. Working with Steve meant talking tunes, and that was a welcome distraction from mucking around in the dirt every day!

I went to a couple of shows with him and Lisa, Cradle of Filth was one. The jury is still out on those guys for me...I enjoyed Avenged Sevenfold a lot more!

Great to see the momentum building for you guys! Just because I'm not there doesn't mean I'm not here. No, wait a minute...just because you're not here doesn't mean I'm not there...oh nevermind. You know what I mean.

This one time at band camp...
Ok, fine. I first met Koelling about 3 or 4 years ago at Zildjian's summer party in Roseburg. This strange man kept talking in a most amusing English accent and making the oddest wagers over drinking games. Right then I should've learned to stay far away from him. Throughout the party everyone around the VIP table kept talking about my rather interesting technique with eating Jelloshots.

One long night, a couple (or more) of slammed drinks :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: and the rest was history...Damn Koelling and his winning bets! Yes, I'll never do that again ;) But all said and done - we closed that party down good, didn't we? Hehehe...:lol:

~Missy

PS: That was also the night that I met Rob, Mo, Zildjian & Misty - made some really good friends that I wouldn't trade for anything!

Met Koelling through MP.com years ago, found out that we were both going to a DT concert in SF, went to said concert and met up with him....and then proceeded to HEADBANG AND SING TO THE WHOLE DAMN SHOW!!!:headbang:

Then I met everyone else sooner or later. Cheers!!:kickass:

~Bart

Okay, my turn.

I met Koelling on MP.com back before it became a cesspool *g*..he sent me a copy of Diary of a Lost Soul to play on my (now defunct) radio show..met him in person a few years back when he started making decals for Symphony X..and now he's one of my dearest friends. :)

This one time at band camp...
Ok, fine. I first met Koelling about 3 or 4 years ago at Zildjian's summer party in Roseburg. This strange man kept talking in a most amusing English accent and making the oddest wagers over drinking games. Right then I should've learned to stay far away from him. Throughout the party everyone around the VIP table kept talking about my rather interesting technique with eating Jelloshots.

Well I met everyone at the same party. It was definitely a night to remember! I will never forget that english accent thing! I think i still hear it in my sleep! :lol: We had a great time and met some special friends. Robby introduced me to APT's music and it is beyond awesome. Our 10 year old son loves it too!

Mo

I won a copy of Diary of a Lost Soul in a poker bet, I had a boat he had a set, met Steve and then booked the concert in Fairfield and moved on to other things but still enjoy their music and friends that support it.

Met Koelling through MP.com years ago, found out that we were both going to a DT concert in SF, went to said concert and met up with him....and then proceeded to HEADBANG AND SING TO THE WHOLE DAMN SHOW!!!:headbang:

Then I met everyone else sooner or later. Cheers!!:kickass:

~Bart

Hey, that's my story!;) Only, we met up at Gordon Biersch before the show, along with a few other MP.comers.

I met Steve K. In the MP.Co, chat room he came in and was talking to a few of us that were in there everyday like we were wallpaper or something.

It was in 1999 I think, almost one of my first online friends ever.
(Teenage squeeky voice) :loco:

Couple of us girls in there so we got the pass around of a picture, he was wearing like some tight pants and a white poet type shirt that was open in the front. :D:hotjump:

Weve been friends since :D

I actually didn't know I had discovered it until years later. Looking back, I know now that, a Prelude to Tragedy was those few hours right before I said "I do", LOL

I actually didn't know I had discovered it until years later. Looking back, I know now that, a Prelude to Tragedy was those few hours right before I said "I do", LOL

Heh. I'm so glad you chose to name the band A Prelude To Tragedy instead of something like, say.... The Foreshadowing Of A F***up. :lol:

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm so o_O today.)