Suggested Bands For Bloodstock 2004

ah but I said as a whole it is a better line-up!!
But the Saturday headliner is the worst as far as i'm concerned. Obviously others will think Children of Bodom are better than Blind Guardian or Nightwish but as far as my tastes go then they are nowhere near as good!
I like CoB but I just can't get into that style of vocals easily....That's just the way it is for me!
I think the only bands i've ever liked who had the sort of growly vocal style (or whatever it's classed as) are Dimmu Borgir(only one album though), Opeth, Children of Bodom, yourselves and Bal Sagoth.
Maybe I would find more I liked if I checked out more variety of bands...
Oh and I think Death are fucking amazing!

Please PM me with any bands you feel I should deffinately check out!
I like to check out new bands all the time! and believe me there is not much music I don't like!
I even like some Gabba Speedcore stuff for fucks sake :p ....Rotterdam Terror Corpse...Base Generator shit!

i disagree aswell... this lineup is shaping up to be by far the best so far... i love blind guardian and nightwish too but the lineup as a whole even at this stage is superb...

I've attended every bloodstock and for myself Bloodstock 02 is always going to be the best one for me. Simply because of the fact we had both Gamma Ray and Blind Guardian. However this year is so far shaping up rather splendidly.

Like Eagle, I too have been to all of them, and I think '02 was the best all round experience. The combination of Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray and Freedom Call all on the same bill is pretty hard to beat. This year was great, too, and probably had a better selection of non big name bands. '01 was good, but I felt Saxon were dull headliners. Fortunately, Primal Fear made my day with an out of this world performance. This is the first year, I'm not particularly looking forward to the headliners. That said, Friday could be shaping up to be an excellent night of metal. But we're not allowed to say anything about that, apparently :)

Tet said:
This is the first year, I'm not particularly looking forward to the headliners. That said, Friday could be shaping up to be an excellent night of metal. But we're not allowed to say anything about that, apparently :)
Indeed, There's a possibility that the friday may well blow away the Saturday this year:headbang:

I totally forgot about Threshold were on the bill. I got two albums and those two are pretty organic and laid back. Awesome stuff.

I rate them higher than Dream Theatre and Pain Of Salvation ( CRAP! ). To be honest I'm not really into prog metal. I prefer normal prog like ELP, Goblin, Gentle Giant or King Crimson.

And I also think Area 54 is pure garbage I saw them ages ago supporting Blaze.

Yeah Threshold are most under-rated band out...I think they are fucking amazing! I got all all 6 albums and the 3 fan club albums and there is not ONE track that is even average! They are all class!!!!

Just to add...finally purchased latest Grave Digger album Rheingold today and found it to be rather good! Pretty simple stuff though and nothing really THAT exciting going on but it's a good down to earth metal album!

If you guys know something we don't I think it's your duty as Bloodstock brothers to tell us...

It's Gamma Ray innit? :p

This year's line up is great even for me. The Prophecy were amazing last time I saw them (opening for MDB no less), Threshold are very cool (I god Clone yesterday and It's absolutely great) and Bodom... well Bodom were amazing at a shitty venue, god knows how good they're going to be at the Assembly rooms:D Just one more extreme/Gothic band and its perfect for me.

Hmm hows about my band playing??? Hahaha
....Yeah right I wish! :p
It is a goal of mine though to play Bloodstock someday! Obviously not for a while yet as we have not even started recording the first album. Got all the songs ready but my Epic is still work in progress and I aint making an album without one on!!!!!! Metal albums need Epics :p

Anyway enough of my babbling!......Is Theocracy any good? I was reading about the most recent album and it sounds good. Just wondered if anyone had heard it?

Joe5now said:
If you guys know something we don't I think it's your duty as Bloodstock brothers to tell us...
I too will swear on my cats' lives (and I have 6 cats, so that would be 54 lives!) that I don't know who the Friday headliner is. But we've seen some of the options, and it's looking very promising :)

GAMMA RAY! GAMMA RAY! GAMMA RAY!

Kai Hansen for Titan! In Greek mythology they gave birth to the Gods, and are therefore better....but i think Tony Kakko must be king o'th'Titans :)