Summer Mixing Time: groovy yet melodic at the same time

Arkhamusic

Feb 21, 2013
First song from Arkha
Since we've end up our Indiegogo campaign http://youtu.be/MSDZNkYSxiU and due to Jeff Dunne (jefftd, reamper that we depend on) busyness. We decided to let this song to be mixed by anyone who interested here

Here's the reference mix http://db.tt/eOCNWY7v

The guitars are recorded with Ibanez RG which equipped with Duncan Distortion. The guitar straight into the Type 85 DI and RME ADI.

This time around we provide Midi drums for you guys. so you can choose what kit you like the most

Vocals are recorded through u87 with manley preamp

Tempo: 120

All instruments are heavily edited so you don't have to worry and just have some fun :kickass:

RAW tracks here http://db.tt/iEo5RLCk

all you guys who want to use this song for their studio homepage or soundcloud is kinda restricted until we launch by ourself, this august (after that you may use the song as long as there is a reference to "Arkha")
and link to http://www.youtube.com/arkhatv

Contest is closed, You can listen to all entries here http://db.tt/B0DkuEWH

Choose 2 you think the best!

at first, we've prepared prize for the one from Indonesia.

but now we're still thinking the good prize that doesnt need to ship overseas

:loco:

So if I understand this correctly, you'll choose one of us, the one that has the best mix to do your whole album? That sounds pretty sweet, I'll see what I can do.

Oh, one thing too - When is the last date to "submit" your mix? 'cause I tend to sit with my mixes for some days before I feel finished, haha.

So if I understand this correctly, you'll choose one of us, the one that has the best mix to do your whole album? That sounds pretty sweet, I'll see what I can do.

No, sorry. Wibi (our bass player) would mix our whole album :(. Only one or two (if you guys like us) song that will be mixed by the member of this forum. We've prepared some reward for the winner, but unfortunately, due to shipment thing, we dont provide for the winner outside indonesia :(

We just want to give something to this forum after we've learn a lot about metal production (we don't have drum sample or impulse that we can share to you), so we share our song to mix

Oh, one thing too - When is the last date to "submit" your mix? 'cause I tend to sit with my mixes for some days before I feel finished, haha.

August 14th, is that okay? Because, we plan to start blindtest (also on this thread) on August 15th. The winner must share how he/she mix and get all the things done (we hope this forum members will like it)

Anyway, still interested in this mixing time? :)

Just finished putting the finishing touches on my mix! :cool:

The DIs were great, and I really loved the clean guitars.

Yeah, the multitracks are awesome! Really nicely edited and tightly played. Really fun to mix. My mix is coming along nicely too. Think this might be my best mix to date!

Yeah, the multitracks are awesome! Really nicely edited and tightly played. Really fun to mix. My mix is coming along nicely too. Think this might be my best mix to date!

Wow :headbang: we're so lucky. Can't wait to hear the result!

I´m in. I know that I have nothing to do with the fucking masters of this forum :worship:, but at least I'm practicing. Thanks for the tracks, the song is fucking great!

Only two questions (They may be stupid questions, I´m aware of it, lol)

- The DI´s of clean guitars has too much gain...It's done on purpose?
- In 02:55 appears a drum track that I don´t found in the .zip

I hope finish the mix in a couple of days. Cheers!:kickass:

Hey otero1st, maybe I can help answer your questions.

Firstly, the electronic drums that's coming in at 2.55 IS in the zip, only it's in a seperate folder called "Loops".

Also, obviously I can't answer on that was INTENDED, but I can guess it was done on purpose, to get a more overdriven sound of the clean guitars.

Finishing up my mix now, it sounds rad. Gonna be cool hearing all of the other members mixes, haha. <:

Firstly, the electronic drums that's coming in at 2.55 IS in the zip, only it's in a seperate folder called "Loops".

Also, obviously I can't answer on that was INTENDED, but I can guess it was done on purpose, to get a more overdriven sound of the clean guitars.

Finishing up my mix now, it sounds rad. Gonna be cool hearing all of the other members mixes, haha. <:

Thanks Daybreak. I had completly overlooked that folder, I'm sorry. :kickass:

Thanks Daybreak. I had completly overlooked that folder, I'm sorry. :kickass:

Thank you for helping answer the question.

good luck all of you, guys!

Thanks for uploading.
Nice track and really well played.
Here is TS808>6505>Recto cab>57&421 for main left guitar
All other guitars are as above but Triamp MK2

Thanks for uploading.
Nice track and really well played.
Here is TS808>6505>Recto cab>57&421 for main left guitar
All other guitars are as above but Triamp MK2

Nice one! but could you please edit your post? (we mean erase the link) so we can hide your name? maybe it can be more objective. We've download it and we're gonna change into different name for the blind test.

btw thank you for your participation :headbang:

Hey guys!
Every entriy sounds awesome and have their own character.

So, we will choose two of them for being "the winner" and "Arkha's favourite" (the favourite one which have Arkha's vibe)

anyway, we've got a good prize for the winner. the winner will be printed through real (we mean real one, not vtm, uad, or even nebula) studer a827 tape to get the analog character that we want

take a look at this sexy tape

cheers :kickass: