Supreme Court rejects death penalty for raping children

Romans weren't too crazy for dogs. They ceremoniously murdered hundreds of them every year as punishment for their failure to alert the city to the Gaulish invasion of the 300s.

Now the Geese, which made tonnes of noise on that fateful evening, were given expensive purple cushions to sit on every year.

The Roman punishment for Patricide was to flay you alive, and sew you to a dog, a snake, a monkey and a cockerel, toss you all into a sack and throw you in a river.

It's only attested to have happened twice in extant evidence, but you gotta feel for those two dudes.

Ahh, ancient times... how much better they were. Imagine how fun that would have been to watch?!

They used to throw people off the Tarpeian Rock too, especially for treason. I imagine it was great to watch too.

Yeah... our times suck. We don't get any exciting public executions. The best we get is a grainy video tape of a beheading in the middle east every once in a while. :mad:

Ehe, speaking of brutal punishments.. wasn't it a pirate thing to make a small incision in your stomach, nail your guts to the mast and run after you with torches?
I heard that from my uncle once :p

SHOWER SCENE!

If only Dina Meyer had a more impressive rack, she'd be pretty much the hottest chick ever. (in character in the movie, anyway).

Plus she plays a Romulan in Nemesis, so it'd be WIN WIN.

Yessir. She was really hot, right up until Gladiator. After that she turned a little skeleton-like. Y'know how when some women reach their mid-30s and beyond but stay in shape they almost look unnatural?