Swedish Language

Hej Magnus, jag lära mig svenska också :) Jag deltar i en studiecircel. Men jag kan skriva bara lite svenska och kan inte korrespondera tillräckligt just nu :( Lycka till!

A crash course in Swedish:

"When does the train leave?" = "Du har mjuka lår"
"What time is it?" = "Jag vill ha dig, din håriga get!"

If you don't mind waiting a week or so for a response every now and then, (I normally respond quite quickly but sometimes I am rather preoccupied), sure, why not. Om du begriper det här rakt av så klarar du dig synnerligen bra även utan korrespondens.

yep......you can recognize a lot different influences in the Swedish language, German (or Dutch for that matter) is just one of them. If you're a little familiar with other languages such as English (of course) or French Swedish is actually really not that hard to read. A couple of years back I started to learn some Swedish in self-study but I soon realized that this would just enable myself doing and understanding all the written sides of a language. Understanding spoken Swedish is a completely different thing though unfortunately, I know what I'm talking about, hehe. :D And I had these cassettes but I felt the ppl on that cassettes don't quite speak a "natural" Swedish. And I stopped learning because I had no control over my own pronounciation.

I started a little more serious in the beginning of this year again. I am now attending a Swedish course. Unfortunately I recently had to switch to another course because my old one could not continue - we were not enough ppl :( Needless to say in that new course now they're using a different book :rolleyes:, so I have a few things to work on so that I will be on the same level as the others in that course are. I already noticed a huge difference with the new teacher, she forces us to speak freely (in the old course we mainly did reading out loud from the book). It's a pain in the ass right now but I think this is the way to learn it properly in the long run. Still it annoys me how much I understand from reading and how little I am able to come up with something myself *sigh* Still a lot of practise needed....