Symphony x = Rhapsody?

Trucid

New Metal Member
Nov 13, 2004
Surrey, BC
Hi, I'm new to the forums and I'm wondering if Symphony X ever went under another bandname called Rhapsody.. Forgive me if I'm just saying silly stuff because I'm from Canada and as we all well know all the GOOD music comes mostly from Europe.. So, did Symphony X ever play unde the alias Rhapsody or not? Just asking and thx in advance

Rhapsody is a shity band form Italy, all the discs by Rhapsody sounds the same to me: "Epic" choruses, excess of double bass drum, swords, dragons etc.

In terms of technique Rhapsody band members are miles away from SymphonyX

Rhapsody´s first disc came out in 1997, that year SX made their thrid studio album, so if you are traying to say that SymphonyX is a clone of Rhapsody, you should say that Rhapsody is a clone of SymphonyX.

BTW I read an interview with Luca Turilli and he said he would like to play the guitar as Michael Romeo does.

Luis said:
Rhapsody is a shity band form Italy, all the discs by Rhapsody sounds the same to me: "Epic" choruses, excess of double bass drum, swords, dragons etc.

In terms of technique Rhapsody band members are miles away from SymphonyX

Rhapsody´s first disc came out in 1997, that year SX made their thrid studio album, so if you are traying to say that SymphonyX is a clone of Rhapsody, you should say that Rhapsody is a clone of SymphonyX.

BTW I read an interview with Luca Turilli and he said he would like to play the guitar as Michael Romeo does.
Hey, I like Rhapsody. :tickled: They're so much fun.

First of all let me stop pissing myself with laughter at this thread.

Rhapsody is great cheese metal. @ Luis: You have to be a true appreciator of cheesiness to get into their music.

@ Trucid: Symphony X is no where near that. Where that correlation came to your mind boggles me. You say all good music comes from Europe. Symphony X is from New Jersey.

While both bands are enjoyable, I'd say both bands have a certain amount of cheese to them, with Rhapsody actually being rather way over the top. And I don't know how anyone who's heard a good portion of their music can mix the two up, but I've see someone mention something along the lines of "SX's and Rhapsody's music are almost undistinguishable from one another" before.

And Trucid, seeing how you're from BC, I don't know how you can say all good music comes from Europe. In Canada, Vancouver and Quebec have awesome metal scenes from what I've heard. Although I'll admit afair portion of my favorite bands come from Europe. But that's besides the point...you live in BC for crying out loud.

I come from a small town in Canada, the only other type of music I can listen to is either rap, R&B whatever you call that shit, or metal...

I made my choice and I'm happy with it. I also wont deny that I smoke the herb so my.. judgement becomes hazy when I pop in random CD's.. Oh and yes I agree with Rhapsody being a tad too medieval with their music.

PesticideDrinker said:
While both bands are enjoyable, I'd say both bands have a certain amount of cheese to them, with Rhapsody actually being rather way over the top. And I don't know how anyone who's heard a good portion of their music can mix the two up, but I've see someone mention something along the lines of "SX's and Rhapsody's music are almost undistinguishable from one another" before.

And Trucid, seeing how you're from BC, I don't know how you can say all good music comes from Europe. In Canada, Vancouver and Quebec have awesome metal scenes from what I've heard. Although I'll admit afair portion of my favorite bands come from Europe. But that's besides the point...you live in BC for crying out loud.

I have looked alllllll over for music.. Most of what we have is rap, like I said it was in the other post and shitty lamewad bands that mix in too much pop with the metal.. Nothing really hard from what I've seen. :(

Rhapsody in no way sux.....they are an awesome band with less individual instrumental talent, but just as much songwriting talent as Symphony X. Their albums always rule...people just get the wrong idea in their heads because Rhapsody like to write songs about their unique fantasy world. They want to be the J.R.R. Tolkiens of the metal world, and thus they are persecuted and people bitch about their "horrible" lyrics. I personally think that the lyrics are awesome, especially considering that English is a distant second-language to them, so of course they won't write as perfectly fluent English lyrics as say Sym X, who are from NJ, where the only language that SX are probably fluent in is english....I would assume that if Rhapsody were to write every one of their albums in Italian, the lyrics would be perfectly put together and flowing....

arglebargle said:
I don't hear any dragons or swords on the albums.

Symphony X isn't Rhaposdy.
Rhapsody is another band (Power Metal if I remember correctly) which has nothing to do with Symphony X afaik. (musicially, lyrics might be the same topic or so; I dont care about lyrics)

Both bands try there best to make good music, but SX is way more technical. (and difficult to learn)

Kronikle66 said:
Symphony X is a lot like Rhapsody, only it's Rhapsody on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas ... And, the ninjas are all on fire, too.
SOMEONE PUT THAT IN YOUR SIG IMMEDIATELLY!