Symphony x = Rhapsody?

Originally Posted by Kronikle66
Symphony X is a lot like Rhapsody, only it's Rhapsody on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas ... And, the ninjas are all on fire, too.

Best comparison ever, maybe you should tell them that it's from a Halo 2 forum? (Don't want to steal your thunder or anything, but...I felt it needed to be said)

MC Pee pants said:
Best comparison ever, maybe you should tell them that it's from a Halo 2 forum? (Don't want to steal your thunder or anything, but...I felt it needed to be said)

Damn you! Knew someone would recognize it sooner or later. Eh... hopefully it's still good even if it was reworded. You could compare any 2 things using that quote and it would still be good.

-Kronikle

Originally Posted by Kronikle66
Damn you! Knew someone would recognize it sooner or later. Eh... hopefully it's still good even if it was reworded. You could compare any 2 things using that quote and it would still be good.

-Kronikle

Yeah, it's still a good quote, and perfect for the situation, but I just thought that you shouldn't be stealing ALL of the credit for it. Actually I didn't realize it myself, but told it to my friends, who finished the quote for me, and then told me it's from a Halo 2 forum. So that's me not taking all the credit for recognizing it.

Ayreon Guardian X said:
but just as much songwriting talent as Symphony X.
Holy...! Turilli and his goons could never write a sublime piece like "The Divine Wings of Tragedy" or "The Accolade". Alex Holzwarth is so wasted in this band... good thing Sieges Even are around again. :cool:

The Stormbringer said:
Holy...! Turilli and his goons could never write a sublime piece like "The Divine Wings of Tragedy" or "The Accolade". Alex Holzwarth is so wasted in this band... good thing Sieges Even are around again. :cool:

Ever hear "Sacred Power of Raging Winds?" There's some spectacular shit in that song. I still don't see where everyone gets these opinions that Rhapsody has no talent. I think on the new disc they really broke out of their old, familiar song structures and melodic patterns and made something great... And their symphonic elements are hard to beat in a metal band.

*shrug* I don't know, I like them.

Rhapsody and Symphony X can't really be compared.

Both bands are great, but I think they're in totally different categories.

First of all, Sx lyrics are written by people who think in English.

Also, Sx is more complex musically.

Everyone who has already written rhapsody off should check out Rain of a thousand flames. It is less "cheesy" than the SoEL stuff.

iishrak said:
Rhapsody and Symphony X can't really be compared.

Both bands are great, but I think they're in totally different categories.

First of all, Sx lyrics are written by people who think in English.

Also, Sx is more complex musically.

Everyone who has already written rhapsody off should check out Rain of a thousand flames. It is less "cheesy" than the SoEL stuff.

No, I wouldn't say SX is more complex musically. Rhapsody writes very intricate music.

Ayreon Guardian X said:
Cephalopod said:
...but Rhapsody wrote "Dargor, Shadowlord of the Black Mountain."

and "Holy Thunderforce".....as well as "Villaige of Dwarves", "When Demons Awake", "Sacred Power of Ragng Winds", "Thunder's Mighty Roar", and so many other classics it isn't even funny....

Actually, I was implying that it is funny. Have you seen the video for Power of the Dragonflame? Holy crap, I haven't seen that much cheese since I visited Wisconsin.

But I really do like Rhapsody, those cornballs.

Rhapsody- words defy them. They are the undisputed masters of what they do, and, though they can be quite lame, I find myself really enjoying all of their stuff. The new album has so many intricate and brilliant harmonies and melodies. The 9th and 11th songs in particular are great.
I love Rhapsody because I love cheesy music.

Cephalopod - Oh man, the Dragonflame video is fucking horrible. I adore the song, but what were they thinking?

Rhapsody- words defy them. They are the undisputed masters of what they do, and, though they can be quite lame, I find myself really enjoying all of their stuff.
My thoughts exactly. And with this new album and saga, they're taking on a really ambitious project.

"I adore the song, but what were they thinking?"

In fact the label did the thinking.

The Stormbringer said:
Songs like "Mighty Ride of the Firelord" are every bit as majestic as the SX epics, probably moreso.

Rhapsody are bloody fantastic!!!!

Though i dont think Rhapsody and Symphony X can be compared, both bands are masters at what they do.

I cant wait to hear Rhapsody's new stuff, ive only heard a bad sound quality version of Unholy Warcry (from the video).

I dont think ive seen the video for Dragonflame, is it the one with the topless woman at the beginning?, the Holy Thunderforce video was awesome though.