Symphony X to tour; Into Eternity, Epica to support

made a surprise apperance at the show last night.

It was awesome, and I was glad I made it.

Until next time, boys. <3

Ack. They didn't play the first show on Symphony X's tour. We were there opening up for them on April 3rd at the Webster Theater, but they didn't play. Epica canceled as well... Still a great show as far as my band and Symphony X.

Ack. They didn't play the first show on Symphony X's tour. We were there opening up for them on April 3rd at the Webster Theater, but they didn't play. Epica canceled as well... Still a great show as far as my band and Symphony X.

Both Into Eternity and Epica were never going to play on that date, they hopped on the tour on the 4th as planned (IE played Rochester on the 3rd). I don't know why (maybe SX added the 3rd later on?), but both bands never had the 3rd in their list.

Both Into Eternity and Epica were never going to play on that date, they hopped on the tour on the 4th as planned (IE played Rochester on the 3rd). I don't know why (maybe SX added the 3rd later on?), but both bands never had the 3rd in their list.

Yeah, I was just going to say that. I did mention something about that on the Webster Theater message board so there wasn't any confusion (after confirming it here too.)

-Metal

The only days they are in Florida are week days, and I have to work then :/
Guess I won't be seeing them on this tour

The only days they are in Florida are week days, and I have to work then :/
Guess I won't be seeing them on this tour

If Into Eternity wasn't so kickass, I would say you aren't going to miss much.

I saw them in Tempe yesterday. The first disappointment is that my friend's band was scheduled to open, but the Symphony X manager decided to drop them about a week before the show. I was going to get discounted tickets through them. The next disappointment was that Epica is scheduled to go after Into Eternity. They were limited to 5 songs, but IE played a great set and the two new songs are awesome :kickass:. Epica was given an insane amount of playtime, my guess would be an hour since my phone died shortly after they started. Epica was painfully boring. Simone Simons wasn't performing, so they replaced her with Amanda Somerville. She isn't nearly as good as Simone, and to be painfully blunt, she put on quite a bit of weight and it was painful to see her dance. And FFS, if you are going to go on after IE, at least have a decent rig. One guitar player used a guitar with a broken headstock, and the other used a freaking Epiphone. The whole thing was boring and generic. I could've just popped in Evanescence and added in my own death vocals and the experience would've been the same. After the painful show of Epica, all was forgiven since me and my friends talked with IE for awhile and I rebought Scattering of Ashes so I had something to autograph. When Symphony X played, they started with my favorite SX song (Set the World on Fire), but I noticed something. The singer was completely off key, and ruined everything so I left after the 2nd song.

Thus ends my rant/review.

Alrighty then. Saw Into Eternity for the 2nd time last night (St. Pete, FL), and all I can say is:

1. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

2. who do I have to kill to get IE a longer set?

There was so much shit packed on the stage that the lads had literally two feet of space from the front of the bass drum to the edge of the stage. Tim had to do a metal limbo dance around the drum kit to move to the center of the stage. Despite this and a sound mix that was...:puke:, the guys still put on the best performance of all the bands. They really, really need to get a direct support slot so they can have more time to play.

I hadn't heard Epica before. I'm still wondering why they had such a long set. As one attendee so eloquently put it "is that bitch going to ever shut up?" :lol:

Symphony X got on stage and the volume was so overly loud and muddy that you couldn't really distinguish a lot of the vocals or guitar riffs. After about an hour, it was just too frustrating and disappointing to see a band and not be able to distinguish what was being played/sung.

I still walked away a happy man. Even a brief set by IE is worth the trip and the cost of admission. Hopefully the next tour they're on down here will give them a much longer set.

saw IE last night in Charlotte. They were awesome. They sounded very, very good, better than when I saw them open for Nevermore. Tight, and vocals were incredible. I talked with Troy a little bit before, and a little bit after. He is a cool dude, very down to earth. The whole band is, but Troy was very nice! I picked up a shirt at the show. It really looked like IE may have picked up some fans at the show. When they got done playing, there was a long line at the merchandise booth, which is a good sign, and good for the band.

Thank you IE for coming back to NC, and for putting on a killer show, and for being so cool!!:headbang: