T-shirts: screen print or digital print ?

Type of T-shirt preferred

• Hand pulled screen print

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • digital direct to garment print

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • doesn't matter

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Slough Feg

New Metal Member
Feb 6, 2007
www.sloughfeg.com
hey folks, quick question for you all.

when you are looking at band shirts online or at a show, does it make a difference to you if it is a hand pulled screen printed shirt, or a digital direct to garment print ?

Just want to know what you people think because I am thinking about making digital print shirts, but I myself do always like a screen printed shirt.

Thanks for your input!

Based on the shirts I have, the screen printed shirts are the ones where the ink is bumpy and weird to touch. It starts cracking after 7-10 years with my usage, but the colour still looks nice and bold. I don't really care at the time of purchase, but for digital prints I guess it depends on the quality. I've had shirts from CafePress and the design faded a bit quickly.

Whatever HellsHeadbangers uses has a very short lifespan, fades so fucking fast.

Ahhh, yes, this is what I am looking for. experience with that stuff....and yes, I think they use the direct to garment digital printing thing.

Was thinking about going that route, but might just continue with the hand pulled screen prints we've been doing for the last 20 years.

Reactions: EternalMetal
We have Print Mighty here which some local bands use for shirts and their prints seem fairly good. I only have one shirt from there and haven't had it that long though. Plus I only wear/wash any given band shirt 2-3 times a year, whereas I wore my shirts from CafePress a lot.

Ahhh, yes, this is what I am looking for. experience with that stuff....and yes, I think they use the direct to garment digital printing thing.

Was thinking about going that route, but might just continue with the hand pulled screen prints we've been doing for the last 20 years.

Off topic question. Are you a Slough Feg promoter or a member of the band?