Taste

Noam0101

New Metal Member
Nov 24, 2018
Hi everyone, I'd like to talk to you about something.

Well, you see... our taste in Metal varies from person to person. But what I hate is when someone comes to me and starts telling me that my taste sucks, or that I should listen to a certain band, etc. To be honest with you, I cant think of anything more annoying than that. Because, I like what I like, and other people like what they like. You can recommend music to someone else but not tell him what to listen to as if you're giving them orders, etc. But, I encountered that before and it was annoying. Has anyone else experienced a similar thing and can share your feelings about it? Thanks.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Usually the only people that get triggered by this are the ones that actually have shit taste - insofar as they often only listen to the most accessible, surface level and instantly gratifying stuff.

That’s probably my biggest annoyance in music, when self-proclaimed music fans only listen to the most basic shit and do little exploration. That and the ones that say “I listen to a bit of everything”, which usually means they’ll listen to whatever is on the radio.

Well, you see... our taste in Metal varies from person to person. But what I hate is when someone comes to me and starts telling me that my taste sucks, or that I should listen to a certain band, etc. To be honest with you, I cant think of anything more annoying than that. Because, I like what I like, and other people like what they like. You can recommend music to someone else but not tell him what to listen to as if you're giving them orders, etc. But, I encountered that before and it was annoying. Has anyone else experienced a similar thing and can share your feelings about it? Thanks.
well at least tell us what kind of bands you're into so we can drop some recommendations.

I got excited thinking some die hard rocker was making a thread about these guys...

...alas I was disappointed.

Anyone who dislikes Rory Gallagher has shit TASTE! One of the greatest musicians of the 20th century.

If you don't like what the in crowd likes, you have shit taste. Pretty much sums it up tbh.

The very concept of taste is an oppressive social construct and should be violently resisted and overthrown whenever promoted.

I think your biggest problem is that you give a shit what people say and think.

Reactions: CiG