Taste

There’s a band from England called Crywank, I’ve never heard them but apparently they play anti-folk. I saw a hipster with a blonde tipped mullet wearing a crywank shirt and I almost had to run him down in my van I was so angry. So they could be a contender.
Definitely deserved to be run down.

Just gave crywank a quick YouTube search. Pretty bad, but not completely terrible. I at least appreciate the percussion in the back ground of the first track. I am by no means sticking around for track 2 though :lol:

So they could be a contender.

Realistically every band could be a contender. For every band someone likes there is someone who hates them, it makes all bands everywhere shit and all bands brilliant, but this is the internet where only negative comments count, so every band is shit.

Realistically every band could be a contender. For every band someone likes there is someone who hates them, it makes all bands everywhere shit and all bands brilliant, but this is the internet where only negative comments count, so every band is shit.
Creedence Clearwater Revival could be an exception to this rule. I have never met anyone who dislikes that band.

Oh I'm never going to meet everyone I think everyone but me is a cunt.

Typically the "your taste sucks" comments (thoughts, personally- I don't call people out like that) come into play when someone is just into surface level metal and hasn't yet take the time to delve into more. Especially if they've been into the genre more than a few years. Which genre to pursue? Doesn't matter. Learn more, dig deeper and one can surely find a niche surely that to enjoy more than introductory stuff. It's not that popular/surface level bands are bad so much that they have broader appeal and will never quite scratch a particular itch like more specialized material can.

Reactions: The Ozzman
Typically the "your taste sucks" comments (thoughts, personally- I don't call people out like that) come into play when someone is just into surface level metal and hasn't yet take the time to delve into more. Especially if they've been into the genre more than a few years. Which genre to pursue? Doesn't matter. Learn more, dig deeper and one can surely find a niche surely that to enjoy more than introductory stuff. It's not that popular/surface level bands are bad so much that they have broader appeal and will never quite scratch a particular itch like more specialized material can.

but some of the "introductory stuff" are still among the best bands in their respective subgenres. What i would advise is for him to not give a shit what is and isnt considered introductory/popular and just go with what he enjoys. That's what music is all about.

Nah.

It's not a cool dirtbag mullet like you might be thinking, it's more like an ironic hairdresser thing.

View attachment 17345

It's what I call "girlfriend approved mullet" lol.
It was more of a nerd mullet than that, the hipsters around these parts like to take the ironic eighties nerd thing to the extreme.

but some of the "introductory stuff" are still among the best bands in their respective subgenres. What i would advise is for him to not give a shit what is and isnt considered introductory/popular and just go with what he enjoys. That's what music is all about.

Not saying it is! Quality is quality and I still listen to Metallica, Opeth, Mastodon, etc. regularly. Just saying it's good to branch out and not have the entire breadth of your listening crammed into entry level stuff. Niches are amazing!

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Not saying it is! Quality is quality and I still listen to Metallica, Opeth, Mastodon, etc. regularly. Just saying it's good to branch out and not have the entire breadth of your listening crammed into entry level stuff. Niches are amazing!
yeah but that's a given. Anyone that listens to and enjoys any subgenre long enough is going to branch out.