The 2009 Christmas and New Year Thread.

I started writing a story a while back. The main character is based on you. It's kind of like Forrest Gump a little bit. I should get back on it.

I'm not a smart man... but I know what love is Devasya. My momma always said, Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

I work Christmas eve, Christmas day, and the day after.

Not sure about New Years but I requested it off so if I don't have it off I'm going to rage.

That sucks. Maybe you'll get a house for Christmas?

edit: Has anyone here besides Archrisk ever actually celebrated what is supposed to be celebrated on Christmas or know anyone who does? Christmas has always been a 100% secular thing to me and most people I know. even my very religious members of my extended family never seem to bring up jesus or any of that around Christmas.

Christmas originated as a secular holiday pre-dating Christ anyway so I don't really see the problem for those who don't observe it religiously.

I try every year not to observe christmas because of it's roots, with varying success. This year my wife's family is coming to visit and they said something about getting/bringing a tree :erk: .

Not sure what we will wind up doing for New Year's since most of our friends are out of town visiting family.

I am off for 3-days from work...woohoo! Christmas Eve with family...my bro, my sis's, neph's & nieces...then Christmas day with the in-laws...ugh!
However, I am officially pshyched...just received from my son, my early Christmas gift...KORPIKLAANI / TYR (I love TYR) tickets live @ the Worc. Ma. Palladium...can't wait!

I don't feel like spending any time with my family at all today, I just want to get this shit over with, quite the difference from when I was a kid.

It's Christmas Eve, so I decided to give the people of UM the gift of my presence! I want to try to post at least once a week or so, so you can consider this my comeback.

I'm mildly intoxicated at the minute and I'm about to eat dinner with my family. I'll probably have a lot of fun tomorrow, although I have to work. It's going to be a great Christmas.

I don't really care what I get, because I'm not into getting presents. I gave everyone in my family money this year and I'm going to pay for my parents to eat at a classy restaurant as soon as my father is feeling better. He just had surgery recently.