The 24 appreciation thread

i hate TV more than ever

but i watched the 2 hour premier because it was on in place of the simpsons

OOOH THE DRAMA

I doubt i'll bother watching again

If anyone ever loans me the dvds i'll watch them though...
FOR A FULL 24 HOURS STRAIGHT

Oh wait, that show that the series is actually 24 hours long about some virus or something? Think I know what your talking about, but didn't see it.
Don't watch much TV, just movies...like Starship Troopers for teh win.

There is ALOT of crap on Tv now, but they are also sneaking some good shows in. Most of them die quickly because they aren't reality shows nor are they following formulas everyone knows and loves. But few manage to become hits and have staying power.

24 is not bad.

DreamNeonBlack said:
There is ALOT of crap on Tv now, but they are also sneaking some good shows in. Most of them die quickly because they aren't reality shows nor are they following formulas everyone knows and loves. But few manage to become hits and have staying power.

24 is not bad.

thank you for clearing that up for us Dan :tickled:

pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

the shield is better. you should KNOW that by now, karen. :D

I stopped watching TV because the type of shows I like are those that are almost guaranteed to be cancelled. I find it too stressful to get involved in shows only to have them end halfway through the first season completely unresolved. Now I just buy TV series on DVD after the fact.

I actually don't have any channels on my TV, but we get free dvd's all the time so we get tv series dvds too. I was thinking of getting a bunch of tv series dvds and then having a set time to watch them one day a week for each one and then it would be like i have tv. I wouldn't actually do this but i think it'd be funny.

I have basically never ever watched any of america's beloved "crime drama" tv shows (or does the commish count???????) until a few weeks ago, and I watched

CSI: MIAMI

and I died a little inside

Hejira_Omeed said:
I havn't seen either the shield or 24...but i heard that 24 was awesome and that the shield sucks...a lot. And the girl on lexx is hot.

you heard wrong. :)

I never watched any of the old seasons of 24, but I "accidentally" watched the 2 hour premier (at least most of it) and then the next two episodes the next night and now I'm hooked. One of my roommates and I are thinking about watching the first three seasons, one at a time, each straight through on a different day. If you take out the commercials they're probably really about 18 hours each. So that will be fun, and I at least agree what I've seen so far is extremely well written and very interesting. I am enjoying it muchly.