The Ancestry thread

lizard said:
documents, my friend. ..... I would get a strange tingly feeling, not like I was some fucking nobleman but it was just a sense of ... wierdness.
:lol:
I understand where you're coming from but I bet the margin for error is incredible. It'd be interesting if a statistician could demonstrate the validity of all these records. Shit's probably 3% accurate. I mean, there's no literal proof. No big deal. Just sayin.

dorian gray said:
:lol:
I understand where you're coming from but I bet the margin for error is incredible. It'd be interesting if a statistician could demonstrate the validity of all these records. Shit's probably 3% accurate. I mean, there's no literal proof. No big deal. Just sayin.

Of course there will always be the doubt of innacuracies even in well documented instances. Ancestry research requires a bit of faith as well as interest.

who knows! the easiest place to figure that out for sure is Iceland, though. They really have their shit together when it comes to history. There's basically a saga for EVERYTHING THAT ANY ICELANDIC GUY DID (even if many of them are changed and shit).

yes I know they came from somewhere else, I'm just saying.

MFJ said:
who knows! the easiest place to figure that out for sure is Iceland, though. They really have their shit together when it comes to history. There's basically a saga for EVERYTHING THAT ANY ICELANDIC GUY DID (even if many of them are changed and shit).

yes I know they came from somewhere else, I'm just saying.

I might have recommended this to you already, if not you should check it out, very good read.

0141000031-books-resized200.jpg

Yeah? Well, at least we....................*searches for with which to put down upon Scandinavia*..........ahh, never mind.