The -- Ask a Question -- Game

Anywhere that has Katie and a tent :p

How did you discover Turisas?

@Katie, I think shes the one who rides on a horse across the sky....that or she manufactures large bras XD

YouTube video of Holmgard and Beyond from the Metal Hammers Get in the Ring.

Have you ever seen a singer sneeze on stage in the middle of his performance?

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

No.... but I have got a singer to sing alternative lyrics to their song by holding up signs for them...

when's the best time to visit rome?

@ mika: hell yes! those are definately the best holidays
and i do believe she's the goddess of beuty... who slept with five dwarfs just to get a necklace... slut goddess!!

410 AD, when it was being sacked by the Goths. A chance to smash up ancient architecture, steal whatever takes your fancy, and punch people in togas; the only cost being that you have to wear too much black eyeliner, drink cider-and-black and listen to The Mission. Sounds like a good deal to me!

Is it still okay to eat black pudding three days after the use-by date?

Haha you do realise that if me Mika and Vikingess stopped going off topic this forum would pretty much die, you talk about it being dull, just imagine if everything was on topic *shudders at the thought* see now you've made me feel all wrong and I'm going to have to invade another forum and take some threads off topic there too just to make myself feel better...

Katie, *sigh* please, at least ask a question to keep this shit going...

You and the others basically murder the forum by going offtopic SO F'INN OFTEN, because everyone goes like 'errrrhhh...yeah right' is freaked out and then they are too scared to post anything. So: instead of saving the forum, you're killing it. threads die if no-one knows what to say next because we have gone soooo off topic that it doesn't have anything to do with the original topic anymore. I don't mind the occasional stroll off topic, but damn girl, I don't think I ever saw you post a comment that was on topic (ok, not much anyways ;) ) and that's a bit too much...I am not bashing you at all, no offense meant!!! But don't throw yourself up as the "saviour of the Turisas forum" because you ain't. Period.

(btw, Vikingess also post loads of interesting stuff; e.g. whole stories and theories that are highly enjoyable, not *just* short jokes or doodles that are completely random. So what Vikingess it doing that's a different form of going off topic, and I have to admit it's a form I myself find more aceptable because it's often intelligent, well-though out stuff. Oh and both Mika and Vikingess are on here much less than you are lately....) ;) love you though! in a non-erotic way ofcourse.

So can we now continue this stupid little game???? :D (that's the question you should now answer btw...and then you ask another question, that's how this game is played..)

1) there have been many, many times where someone has gone "back on topic... " then continued where we left off, it's really not hard to get back on topic... and if you're trying to tell me that i scare people with my off-topicness, seriously, those people need to grow up.
And you'll notice that i don't just go off on a tangent, there's always a link, it expands the topic, simple as that. for instance, question was asked about nordic gods, i mentioned freya, mika mentioned who she thought she was, i put down who i thought she was, you told me i was wrong, i defended myself. it's not like i suddenly went "oh, I went to a car boot this weekend" or something equally unrelated. expanding topic through related links

2) thanks for calling me boring, really appreciate that

3) i know how the game is played and seeing as you're clearly so offended by my off-topicness, yes lets continue

What's your favourite metal genre?

Viking/Folk/Pagan lol.

Btw, I am not offended at all. :p You claim to be saving this place whilst in reality, you are not. So don't, I repeat: DON'T, claim you are. That is the only thing remotely offending.

Apparenlty, you miss my point completely. Not just once, but like...most of the time. :)
I am not saying you go off topic all of a sudden, but eventually (should have added that word in my previous post) threads go so far off topic that getting back on topic is hard. Also, as soon as a thread has gone off topic once, even if it gets back on topic, is just as easily disrupted again. I like a stroll off opic now and then, but you tend to overdo it a bit if you ask me.

1) And why should the whole world grow up except you and not the other way around? :) As far as I can see, going off topic a lot and not contributing much to serious converstations but instead just disrupting them with pointless off-topic-ness outside the off-topic section isn't exactly an indicator you are "grown up" yourself. lol.

2) who called you boring? I just said I think Vikingess posts stuff that's funnier and far more enjoyable than most things you post, yes. So what? I clearly stated I wasn't bashing you and I'd like to repeat that once more... You're not boring, I just like Vikingess her posts more usually. That's something completely different from you being boring. e.g.: If I ask you if you prefer chocolate or lollypops, and you say you prefer lollypops that doesn't mean you dislike chocolate.

You yourself are the one who got Mika and Vikingess involved, but I find their posting behaviour to be far different from yours actually. So don't whine if I then speak up and say what I think about them, you brought them into this yourself ^^

3) I find it funny how you are so clearly offended on a personal level by all this. Handling criticism is hard for people nowadays apparently. Once more: the only thing I find slightly annoying is that you claim to be "saving the forums". I don't think most people come here to read mindless off-topic doodles that have got nothing to do with anything (either written by you or anyone else that doesn't matter), but people DO come here for much more serious, Turisas-related stuff. So how do you think you're saving the forums exactly with all that off-topicyness? This is the (official) TURISAS board after all, not the 'KATIE GOES OFF-TOPIC' board. I respect you as a person and I always will, and I far from dislike you or w/e but you are just not saving this place like this. Why would it need saving btw? It's cool as it is, a bit dull because it's just after the December hollidays etc. So that is the only itsy bitsy part I find to be annoying ok? You act like I just insulted you on a personal level, and that is just not necissary if you ask me ;)

Katie, I seriously hope we are "still cool" (as the hiphopfolk says)?

Viking/Folk/Pagan lol.

Btw, I am not offended at all. :p You claim to be saving this place whilst in reality, you are not. So don't, I repeat: DON'T, claim you are. That is the only thing remotely offending.

Apparenlty, you miss my point completely. Not just once, but like...most of the time. :)
I am not saying you go off topic all of a sudden, but eventually (should have added that word in my previous post) threads go so far off topic that getting back on topic is hard. Also, as soon as a thread has gone off topic once, even if it gets back on topic, is just as easily disrupted again. I like a stroll off opic now and then, but you tend to overdo it a bit if you ask me.

1) And why should the whole world grow up except you and not the other way around? :) As far as I can see, going off topic a lot and not contributing much to serious converstations but instead just disrupting them with pointless off-topic-ness outside the off-topic section isn't exactly an indicator you are "grown up" yourself. lol.

2) who called you boring? I just said I think Vikingess posts stuff that's funnier and far more enjoyable than most things you post, yes. So what? I clearly stated I wasn't bashing you and I'd like to repeat that once more... You're not boring, I just like Vikingess her posts more usually. That's something completely different from you being boring. e.g.: If I ask you if you prefer chocolate or lollypops, and you say you prefer lollypops that doesn't mean you dislike chocolate.

You yourself are the one who got Mika and Vikingess involved, but I find their posting behaviour to be far different from yours actually. So don't whine if I then speak up and say what I think about them, you brought them into this yourself ^^

3) I find it funny how you are so clearly offended on a personal level by all this. Handling criticism is hard for people nowadays apparently. Once more: the only thing I find slightly annoying is that you claim to be "saving the forums". I don't think most people come here to read mindless off-topic doodles that have got nothing to do with anything (either written by you or anyone else that doesn't matter), but people DO come here for much more serious, Turisas-related stuff. So how do you think you're saving the forums exactly with all that off-topicyness? This is the (official) TURISAS board after all, not the 'KATIE GOES OFF-TOPIC' board. I respect you as a person and I always will, and I far from dislike you or w/e but you are just not saving this place like this. Why would it need saving btw? It's cool as it is, a bit dull because it's just after the December hollidays etc. So that is the only itsy bitsy part I find to be annoying ok? You act like I just insulted you on a personal level, and that is just not necissary if you ask me ;)

Katie, I seriously hope we are "still cool" (as the hiphopfolk says)?

I never actually said I was saving the forum, but you have to admit that if every single topic was kept ENTIRELY on topic it would be a lot quieter, I do not in any way think I'm saving this forum but you mentioned this place was dull and if you think about the number of posts that are on topic compared to those that are not, i'm sure you'll find the off-topic makes up a substantial amount of posts (and i said substantial amount, not majority) my point is simply that the off-topic enhances the activity, not that i'm single handedly saving the forum! which by the way, i mentioned the other two, therefore could not even have been saying I alone was saving it

I would also just like to point out that you cannot put the blame for threads going 'so far off topic that getting back on topic is hard', clearly i am not talking to myself in these threads, therefore other people are contributing, i may take a detour as a point that was raised brought me to something connected but not 100% on topic, if this detour goes off topic completely it's because other people have added their contribution too...

my point about growing up was that you said my off-topic scared people, seems a little immature to be scared of off-topic conversations

the fact that you said you found vikingess and mika's posts interesting and funny so they were ok and mine weren't suggests you find mine boring, if this is not the case then i apologise for taking offence but you must see how it looked...

you criticised me, i gave my opinion on why i thought you were wrong, simple as that, believe me i can take criticism, i just really don't see how my off-topic is so wrong, i do make a conscious effort now to keep the on-topic threads related to the topic (as in the turisas dreams thread, i made a new off-topic dreams thread for those that weren't turisas related, ie, off topic) and the off-topic threads are off topic to begin with, like i said before, i expand topics by going slightly off topic but still related to the thread and if it goes completely away from the point of the thread then other people are involved too and it's simply a natural progression of the conversation. at no point is anyone stopping people going back on topic, if they have something to say they're going to say it, many a time threads are dragged back on topic and i refuse to start a million new threads if i have something to say that's slightly off topic just in case it goes completely off topic in the course of the conversation

As for people coming here for serious turisas-related topics, that's what the on-topic threads are for and as i said, i do try and not take them too far off topic

hmm and i would like to agree with you on that last point but unfortunately I am not hip-hop, so I shall instead say that we are still true siblings of metal!!! :) (I'm not actually as angry as these posts sound, that's the problem with written text... just felt the need to make my point, as did you, but yes *cringing as I write this* we are cool.... I need to go listen to metal to undo that hiphop...)

Also you forgot to add a question... ;)

*laughing*

old metallica, definetely, no hesitating...

camping or staying in a hotel?