The "Ask CK and Fetzer" Thread. Two for one!

Why do people suck? :erk:
Because of their own passion and greed. Number one comes before two. Not everyone applies to this though. Finding those few is quite the task.
Im 19, how old is my mum?
CK, why did the chicken cross the road?

blackman.jpg

That's true, :lol:

And to keep it on topic, why do you like Fender guitars? I tried an American Tele and an American Strat as you told me to and I thought they sucked for metal use. I mean, the tone was really weak :erk: The're great guitars for rock/blues/maybe power metal or also punk rock, but IMO not for metal. Of course maybe with enough equipment you could get it to sound more balls, but not everyone has enough money to get tons of amps and effects, :lol:

And to keep it on topic, why do you like Fender guitars? I tried an American Tele and an American Strat as you told me to and I thought they sucked for metal use. I mean, the tone was really weak :erk: The're great guitars for rock/blues/maybe power metal or also punk rock, but IMO not for metal. Of course maybe with enough equipment you could get it to sound more balls, but not everyone has enough money to get tons of amps and effects, :lol:

Not all fenders suck for metal, many do but not all. It heavily varies on which model you have. Especially for teles, some are very well designed for metal, but some just totally don't work for it. Fortunately for me, when I worked at the G-store, I managed to get the right ones I wanted to try.:kickass:

But a set of hotrails in a strat and you are away with a very crunchy tone my friend.

http://www.wintermadness.net/Promo/promo_2.jpg

eh, it's not always about crunch for me. It can still sound pretty heavy without much crunch. Though I'm just saying this on a recording standpoint.:kickass:

I will have to agree to disagree with you on this then, hotrails are powerful pickups, i would rather use my hotrails than 2/3’s of the pickups out on the market, they are by far the most versatile pickups i have ever used and everything is always crisp. Its not all about crunch for me also, they are very nice to place on a clean channel and when you put them through an amp with way to much distortion they will cut through where other pick up fail. And if you wanna start talking about things on a ‘Recording stand point’ i will be more than welcome to go very geeky with you :p

Ive also got mine set up with a coil tap if i ever feel the need to play the blues.
ps: i <3 Hotrails :lol: