The Best Death Metal Band

Didn't feel like starting a new thread on this, but was wondering what some of you guys think of the band Cattle Decapitation? I personaly have never heard of them until recently, just curious.

oh yea...Amon Amarth rules you all, now shut up.

considering there album is only like 5$ cattle decap aint to bad but its nothing that is in my cd player often....there good musicians but this first album isnt anythign great. i can imagine them making some great stuff in the future though.

mekane said:
yea i own slaugther of the soul. I have listened to it a lot. ANd i don't think its that good. It may have come first, but that doesn't mean its better. It does sound like early in flames, i agree, but not as good for sure. This may sound a lil stupid, but i would say The Jester Race album is about 4 times better than SOTS. At first i definitely liked SOTS better, but I think if you take the time to listen to each album a good 4-5 times, you will like The Jester Race better too.

And the guy who was talking about WOOOOO, what song should i download from the band you like, it takes too long to download and listen to an entire album, especially by hard to find bands. And i certainly wont buy music by a band i dont even know yet.

You and your opinion suck.

SLAUGHTER OF THE SOUL!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Amon Amarth kicks your ass.

i bet they do....

i dress in all black but only sometimes, and its not cuz i think the world hates me like that dip shit thinks is why.
generaly its the blue jeans boots and some random band shirt i throw on in the mornin.... errr... whatever time i decide to get up....

Patric said:
Also,mekane, there's plenty of similar bands out there of your taste. Since the bands you mentioned were Swedish, you check out their peers also, me thinks...Ace of Base, E-Type, Abba...

lol ..one day off the board and I miss a great chat.. anyway..

Don't know if anymone mentioned Nile and Vader to the ongroing list of cool death metal bands.

Hail Death metal :worship: and that sure ain't In flames..

BTW that is normally classified as Gothenburg Sound Metal

CyR1c said:

Don't know if anymone mentioned Nile and Vader to the ongroing list of cool death metal bands.

Cyr1c, heb je van Altar of Houwitser gehoord? goed Hollandse DM groepen. :headbang:

CyR1c said:

hey i mentioned Vader... :headbang:

Vader rules :)

Caelum Adustum said:
You are wrong, they are mainstream whether you want to think so or not.

Sounding like Korn and hordes of Korn fans attending concerts = Mainstream

wow, now here is someone who really knows what they're talking about, yea, sure, in flames definitely sounds like korn.

You could listen to 2 seconds of each band and realize they're completely different!

i have heard a little of vader. i had downloaded a few of their songs from long ago and not thought much of them, but im willing to give them another shot.

Any recomendations?

Keep it short plz, maybe 2-3 songs.

thanks.

and im just curious, but the guy who said "your opinion sucks". Have you actually listened to the CD The Jester Race?

Tomasz said:
....well, well, well. I listened to the song "when" although only 2 times. I didn't find it anything to get excited over and there is no way in hell I will waste another 10 minutes listening to it 3rd time. There is just too much good music out there that one can start enjoying the first time they hear. Now I'm going to tell you what you've been telling us. Time to try some new bands as there are many that are much better. All it takes is a little research. Don't be following a mainstream and check out the underground scene.

yea thats what i have been doing and i have found the best bands are the most popular. That shouldn't exactly be that suprising, but i guess you here are some of the few who don't find the most popular bands to be the best

oh and thanks for listening to When, tomasz. Im curious to know what your favorite song is.

When are you going to realize that nobody cares what you think? Everybody has heard In Flames and Opeth. Opeth puts me to sleep, and it'd take about two hours to download one of their songs on my 56k, so I'm not going to. Some random moron on a message board is not going to make me change my mind. Now shut up.

mekane said:
yea thats what i have been doing and i have found the best bands are the most popular. That shouldn't exactly be that suprising, but i guess you here are some of the few who don't find the most popular bands to be the best

o_O

mekane said:

If you go by this logic, you would be listening to pop and rap.

Most popular doesn't always mean the best? best by whose standards? best music is in my opinion someone who has the guts to buy an album to spend the extra $10 and buy an album from some band that maybe pressed 1000 copies of their album. You would be surprised of the high quality bands out there that don't have 1/2 of the promotion that some Opeth style band gets. To me that represents the best quality of metal. But again, some are just happy following the flock. So yeah maybe Opeth has good music but to me there 100's of underground bands that have as good if not better music to show and don't get the chance to. Support true metal.

Belgar said:
Cyr1c, heb je van Altar of Houwitser gehoord? goed Hollandse DM groepen. :headbang:

(Natuurlijk :loco: Altar rules..anyway Belgar ik heb nog enkele tips voor je..
Detonation en Sever Torture )

Like Belgar points out...some cool dutch bands: Altar and Houwitser, check out also these youngsters Detonation and Severe Torture

Let me know there better than anything Megane has spammed on this board :D !!