The best mix will be the chosen one

Hey guys, band's vocalist Ozzy here. Just wanted to apologize for the lack of responses but it seems that Wreptile is ill right now and that's why he isn't replying so much (he also has some internet connection issues). We all hope, he will get well soon.

However we are truly amazed by your mixes, we didn't expect such a huge response from you and some of these are truly breathtaking. I'm not such a sound teller myself but I'll try to write down some of my opinions. Please don't take them too harsly, Wreptile's ears are much more sensitive for this stuff :D

My personal favorite is OpenWound's mix. I really like the chewy guitar sound along with really powerfull vocals. Roflsaourusrex's and Renegade's mixes are on the same page. I like their nasty and tight guitar sound. But let's focus on the other mixes as well. Labelchild's older mix was better. I guess it's kinda shame to throw away that "almost real" sound of the drumset like in your newest mix. I think it's the snare sample, that isn't working there. Also, everybody, don't get to wild on the vocal echoes. It has to like "hit your faces". So, lower the echo but keep it on the right level. Patrick: Your mix has this old school scent along it. The guitars seem to be weaker in comparsion with other mixes, rest of it (to me) seems ok. Dollarosa: the effect in the begining is way off, not really fitting there. Also guitars in the intro shouldn't differ from the rest of the song(Habsrbugs). I think, that the key elements of the song are the beginings of breakdowns, when it really kicks your chair and your jaw drops on the floor. I love how OpenWound managed to give those breakdowns some balls. Although for example Labelchild's mix has more "living" guitars, the breakdowns don't have the same pantshitting effect. (I hope, you know what I mean) :D

Well, that would be all for now. I am really stoked for next mixes, your work here is amazing. Keep it up! I hope Wreptile is gonna get to you soon.

going to give it a try this weekend but had one question. Would you happen to remember where the room mics were positioned in relation to the left and right overhead mics?

sayocean-> We like your mix! Drums are really punchy! Guys says that guitars in your mix aren't chewy enough. Boosting them could be right way.
Golden Diaper-> Room tracks were taken with stereo mic... There was a lot problems with mic position, so it's better to find right level of one of those tracks to center kick/snare. I could upload some photos of recorded kit if you want.

cool, I was able to get a decent stereo image using one of the room mics dead center as you suggested along with panning the over head tracks. I would still like to see some pics of the drum mic setup if its not too much trouble though.

So I guess those to files are not going to be fixed I take it? Unfortunate. I would have loved to give it a go at mixing this song.

marios.blythe-> Although your mix sounds balanced and I really like the amount of bass you use, your mix sounds thin and not loud.

hehe my friend it's only a sample of what i start,and i upload only to ask you just to know if you like it to continiue :) i can master it to get same volume levels to august burns red :)
so, you like my sample or not? (i had to work very hard for the vocals :loco: )

Haha thanks bro :D I'm still not quite satisfied with the guitars tho. Thinking of trying to reamp through my friends 6505+ when i get a chance

i'll make a quick master tommorow to check my version,if you like it i'll continiue with vocals,fx,right mastering :)
(tip: please check the toms,and make the sound more ''real'') :)