The best mix will be the chosen one

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16373039/demo.mp3

not finished, just what i have so far. All original drums, has charles j one shot helper under the snare, no other samples except for the last part where I have added a room sample for some big sustain.

will finish in the next few days, any feedback would be great

Dollarosa-> Nice drums sound made you, hmm. :) Guitars should be definitely louder in the mix, same for solo guitars. Vocs could be bit lower. I like what you did with snare. Have you tried kick sample replacing? I don't like the click we've recorded with kick mic. :) Keep mixing :)

Thanks. Trying to do something different, don't want to sound replace drums like all mixes these days. Mixing this song more for practice.

Thanks again Wreptile. Here is a quick, but not too terrible mix.

Upon closer examination, I need to bring the intro guitars down some. I should probably do that instead of sitting here making excuses. :loco:

*edit* Fixed. Better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, but snare should be much louder and kick could be lower in the mix. I think that vocs are much dominating in your mix. Anyways good job ;)

Thanks man. Do you mean the vocals as a whole or just the clean or screaming vocals?

Worked on this a bit, this the right direction?

I still need to know how to shift the vocals in the beginning! Plus the MIDI map download link is broken I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
PM me your email and I'll send you the midi tempo map if needs be, I was fucking lost without it! haha