The BEST thing about Opeth is.....?

The best thing about Opeth?

The Music.
The guitar is superior to anything i've ever heard. He has got an awesome style of playing. Opeth has totally change the way I look at a guitar and song arrangement.

Oh yeah, the lyrics are sublime. Words that just echo in your head for ages. Words that are pure poetry. I know of no better lyricist.

The many many layers of instruments and sounds and the many many movements all perfectly arranged. I always hear new stuff everytime I listen to an album. Opeth albums have the uncanny ability to never get old. Ive been listening to Still Life religously for like a year and a half and im yet to be brunt out on it. I can't get that whole album out of my head....

You are right in the guitar parts. While not technically different from things ive seen the arrengements and compositions are like miles away from anything ive seen...one of the bands that trully made a difference for me like DT or Death or Cryptopsy...

I have to agree on the guitar arrangements. I used to be into the "neo-classical" stuff like Malmsteen and McCalpine. But that stuff gets old fast since there is no soul to most of that music. The layered guitars of Opeth never get old and always convey emotions. :headbang:

I would definatly have to agree about the guitars I mean, I played guitar before I heard opeth and I'd come up with riffs that I liked. But once I started loving opeth I've wanted my riffs to sond better and better so it's a lot harder for me to come up with new stuff. But after years of trying to surpas Mikael in music I have finally given up, and am hoping that I'll at least be able to write decent songs. Well I've said my 2 cents I hope you liked it if not who cares

The fact that the musicians, while extremely talented, do not play technically difficult lines for the sake of showing off or to stand out. Though the guitarists are very good, they do not mindlessly shred through songs to show their technical ability. The drummer is the same way. He does not say "look, here I am, I can play sixteenths on my double bass pedal until the cows come home." The musicians play what is needed to make a good song and to create emotion within the music. That is much more difficult than an all-out display of speed or technical ability.