The Bitching Hour

Can't we handle each others' opinions? Seriously...

No. Well actually, I think everything that could have been said about this album has already been said. Overall, I speak for most people here when I say this album was disappointing. This album wasn't necessarily bad in any way, we were just hoping for something "bigger", especially with the lukewarm responses from the last album and the long wait for this album. This is a good addition to the SX catalog, it just honestly wasn't worth the 4 year wait. It's also not appealing to imagine waiting another 4 years or more for the next album.

Can't we handle each others' opinions? Seriously...

No! We are the destroyers of opinions! We crush! We smash! [/IconoclastLyrics]

Overall, I speak for most people here when I say this album was disappointing. This album wasn't necessarily bad in any way, we were just hoping for something "bigger", especially with the lukewarm responses from the last album and the long wait for this album. This is a good addition to the SX catalog, it just honestly wasn't worth the 4 year wait. It's also not appealing to imagine waiting another 4 years or more for the next album.

Sums up my thoughts about the album pretty well.

I think overall it's a good album, but not their best as a whole. The recording quality is top notch - the playing and singing is also top notch - they're performing at their highest level yet without a doubt. My only con is the actual songwriting itself. It seems that they regurgitated a lot of riffs and lyrics. I found myself listening to it and being like "hey that sounds exactly like this." This complaint could only come from someone who knows their music all to well ;) -"When All is Lost" is epic, and in my opinion the best song on the disc. It's a little different and it's actually what I expected the rest of the album to be like. The title track is great as well, I like that they delved a little into the tech metal (even though they've always been technical - I'm sure you know what I mean). I think it'll take time to grow on me (as all of their albums do) and I think they did a good job.

lukewarm responses from the last album .

Because it was only their highest selling album at the time.

in before"wah thats because those damn little kids and their metal and their mtv bah!"

Everyone who likes PL likes their older stuff. EVERYONE!

Last edited by a moderator: