The Books/Reading Thread

I'd like to read that as well. I'll probably ask for it for Christmas. Right now I'm working on these (you may enjoy these yourself:

penguin-americansupernaturaltales.jpg

Ceremonies.jpg

I think I may. I'm not familiar with Klein, sounds interesting though.

Heaps of new occult/forteana/cryptozoology books to read,just finished one of Nick Redfern's monster hunt books and Josh Gates's Destination Truth book and am currently onto 'The Beast Of Boggy Creek' which documents the Fouke Monster.I literally can't put the books down once I start,I brought 3 books away to sea and have nearly read them in the first week.

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

world_war_z_book_cover.jpg

Was good.
But not as good as I had hoped.

There's a movie out. - World War Z (2013) with Brad Pitt.
Anyone seen it?

Neuromancer is great fun, and incredibly relevant; Gibson's work is one of those fantastic literary nexuses where postmodern intensity meets the SF subculture. If you enjoy Neuromancer, you should check out Pattern Recognition.

I've read the first twenty-five pages of Seo-Young Chu's Do Metaphors Dream of Literal Sleep? : a Science-Fictional Theory of Representation. It's a great read thus far, if you're into literary theory. :cool:

978-0-674-05517-9-frontcover.jpg

Finished A Clash of Kings the other day. Decided to finally start this. I find that Tolkien's letter explaining his reasons for writing the Silmarillion to be better than the book itself. But I haven't even begun the Silmarillion-proper in the book. Still reading the Valaquenta.

230px-Silmarillion.JPG

Finished A Clash of Kings the other day. Decided to finally start this. I find that Tolkien's letter explaining his reasons for writing the Silmarillion to be better than the book itself. But I haven't even begun the Silmarillion-proper in the book. Still reading the Valaquenta.

230px-Silmarillion.JPG

There are some lord of the rings moments.
But it should have been 3 books just as thick as Silmarillion, not just one.
And not enough Sauron.

Decided to finally start this. I find that Tolkien's letter explaining his reasons for writing the Silmarillion to be better than the book itself. But I haven't even begun the Silmarillion-proper in the book. Still reading the Valaquenta.

230px-Silmarillion.JPG

Yeah, the book is incredibly dry..there are some interesting things in it, but I was glad when I finished it. Children of Hurin is my favorite Tolkien book, aside from the LOTR trilogy. I own all of his works.