The Books/Reading Thread

I'm growing bored shitless with all the nonfiction history and politics texts I've been reading for my coursework and need to balance it with some fiction - what are three or so absolute must reads or good starting points of the fantasy genre? Seems to be great discussion of it here

I'm growing bored shitless with all the nonfiction history and politics texts I've been reading for my coursework and need to balance it with some fiction - what are three or so absolute must reads or good starting points of the fantasy genre? Seems to be great discussion of it here

Way Of Kings
Gardens of the Moon
Name of the Wind

Reactions: Einherjar86

Malazan Book of the Fallen

scott bakker - the darkness that comes before

along with the aforementioned malazan book of the fallen and the black company.

i don't really like the name of the wind so much, it's fun and well written but too much of a blatant nerd wish fulfillment fantasy, my eyes were rolling at times

Ernest Hemingway in the bar Floridita in Havana..jpg

Earnest Hemmingway in his office writing ` The Sun also rises`.

Actually, I saw him on the Bus station last week calling everyone a Bastard.

anyone read ready player one
what an absolutely cracking book
my new keyboard is on its way.
lm about to start reading jeff vandermeer' the southern reach trilogy which l hear is amazeballs
and neal asher's trilogy is bonkers

Reactions: unknown
Got this in the mail today--contemporary weird horror by the writer whose work inspired the movie Pontypool. Very excited:

20578725.jpg

Maybe when GW stops being passive aggressive cunts and releases a model of the Lion! "The Lion is fully healed but uh, waits for the right time...hurdur"

I've been so close to buying a 3rd party model for him and house rule pseudoGirlyman rules just because GW won't release him.

anyone read ready player one
what an absolutely cracking book
my new keyboard is on its way.
lm about to start reading jeff vandermeer' the southern reach trilogy which l hear is amazeballs
and neal asher's trilogy is bonkers

I loved the Southern Reach trilogy, but I feel like overall opinions are very divided. If you don't like the first book, I would still recommend the second since it's told from a different perspective