The Books/Reading Thread

I started The Dreams In The Witch House by Lovecraft last night, meaning 4 AM because I couldn't sleep, and I read one 4-page short story...

I'm going to be submitting a story of mine to Weird Tales magazine where H.P. Lovecraft got his start (and Thomas Ligotti)

I'm currently reading Dante's Inferno and I'm absolutely loving it. It's especially intriguing since it has so many references to Virgil's Aeneid which I read/translated for my Latin class this year.

I picked up the latter 2/3 of the Divine Comedy (Purgatorio and Paradiso) at Border's today.

I recently downloaded an audio book version of Dante's Inferno read by John Cleese. Haven't had time to listen to the whole thing yet (it's 3 hours long) but it seems quite nice.

I'm finally in the fourth book of The Dreamers by David and Leigh Eddings called The Younger Gods. So far this has been a very entertaining series :D

After I'm done with it I'm starting to read a new series from Kay Kenyon called The Entire And The Rose starting with the first book Bright of the Sky, promises to be an interesting and original sci-fi series.

I recently downloaded an audio book version of Dante's Inferno read by John Cleese. Haven't had time to listen to the whole thing yet (it's 3 hours long) but it seems quite nice.

Holy shit. LINK!!

I'm currently reading Nightfall by Asimov and am enjoying quite a bit. I enjoy the scientific yet accessible nature of the characters and setting. I plan on reading the Foundation series afterwards.

During the summer, I want to start attacking my philosophical books from Nietzsche, Kant, Schopenhauer, and Sartre.

I just finished Neuromancer a few weeks ago and since I was too lazy to go to the library I just looked for a book around the house and started Flags of our Fathers. It's pretty decent so far.

I'm not sure if I could take that very seriously

Currently reading Snow Crash by neal Stephenson, and it's so fucking good. gah.

Does he read the John Ciardi translation? That's what I'm reading at it's great because it keeps it in tercets and rhymes the first and third line, just like the original Italian.

Today I started reading The Bronx Zoo. It's about the 1978 Yankees who made that incredible comeback (14 back of Boston in mid July, then ended the season tied and beat them in a one game playoff thanks to Bucky Dent), and also had one of the wildest, most dysfunctional clubhouses ever. It's actually Sparky Lyle's journal from that season, so it's an insiders view of the team, the orginization and baseball in general.

still in the early stages of The Wheel of Time Book 1: Eye of the World

someone please tell me this thing gets interesting. all these damn weird names makes the Silmarillion seem easy. fucking gleeman, rand, bran al vere, egwene....just call them Jason, Mike, and Pam for fucks sake

maybe i should go back to clive barker....