The Books/Reading Thread

Anil's Ghost by Michael Ondaatje; quite a good book, I enjoy it more than The English Patient
King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard; an enjoyable and entertaining read, while not being a great work of literature

I have The Road up next, as soon as I finish the book I'm reading now. I've heard only good things, but I figured I'd ask again: good book, right? :cool:

You'll be a weepy, emotional mess by the end of it

I've been on a Raymond Carver kick again. I re-read Fires and am digging through What We Talk About When We Talk About Love

Finished A Game Of Thrones. The twists near the end were really good. Was the guy who took Arya a previous character, or am I just imagining things?

Yoren? Yeah, but briefly.

Reading (for English) The Remains Of The Day. So far it's pretty good.

maybe even by about 20 pages in, i know people who've started crying early on purely from the beauty of certain passages. pretty amazing for a book that's almost entirely unsentimental.

one of my friends said it best. She said, "He just has these one or two sentences sprinkled here and there that are just loaded with so much power, it's ridiculous."

Philip K Dick - Dr Bloodmoney. Well, I will start it in a minute and be finished in 4 hours or something. Yay for baby sized books.

btw...I'm approving of xkcd's recent moves to attract english/lit nerds:

house_of_pancakes.png

that was the first book of his I read. probably in my top 5 favorite novels ever...and tied with American Psycho for most violent haha