The Books/Reading Thread

I've only read those and The Simulacra. Got Flow My Tears the Policeman Said and The Minority Report collection at home waiting to be read. How do the other books you've read compare?

Man in the High Castle is certainly a good book. Some of his other ones (Martian Time-Slip and Now Wait For Last Year, specifically) suffer from what I opine as Dick's tendency to over-plot his novels, and the subsequent inability to provide a satisfying conclusion (that said, they're still fascinating reads). Personally, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is where he really begins to come into his own, and I'd also recommend Ubik (which is my favorite Dick novel so far besides A Scanner Darkly).

you were reading all that voluntarily? for school?

volunatrily. its not the first time ive read either. 2nd for the quran. id guess at least 13th for the bible. ive never read all of the NASB before though so thats a first.

what are they?

I haven't read anything for pleasure in a few months. it's all been critical commentaries and histories on shakespeare and shit for my thesis

The Year's Best Dark Fantasy & Horror 2010, edited by Paula Guran
Best Horror of the Year 1 & 2, edited by Ellen Datlow
Stories, edited by Neil Gaiman & Al Sarrantonio
+ several Best New Horror of the Year, edited by Stephen Jones

Sorry for taking so long with the answer.

Lately, I haven't been looking for new writers on horror and with that said, are there any other writers out similar to HP's writing style? Any ideas or suggestions? I've pretty much read Hp's work several times over lol.

I'm interviewing S.T. Joshi about Lovecraft, weird fiction, and atheism for my magazine. He often mentions Ramsey Campbell as the leading living writer of horror and weird fiction, though I have yet to read any of his work myself.

others you should check out in addition to Ramsey Campbell, wolves: Lord Dunsany, Arthur Machen, Algernon Blackwood and Thomas Ligotti.