The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Man, they need to try a little harder if they don't want you to notice how they ripped off them reverse sharkfin inlays. But then I guess that's pretty much ESP's business model.

Man, they need to try a little harder if they don't want you to notice how they ripped off them reverse sharkfin inlays. But then I guess that's pretty much ESP's business model.

What do you mean "ripped off"? Like from Jacksons?
Then yes. ESP's been copying forever :)
I like the Arrow, cause it's not just another rhoads by ESP. The Andromeda finish is super cool. It's like what "car jocks" (what is the correct therm for this? And what is the therm/name for this in your country? In danish they're called Brians) sometimes have their WV Golf GTI's painted in. Under different lighting it turns greenish. Wish the whole guitar was painted like this :)

If theres one design on a rhoads style guitar i don't like, it's the new E-II SV. It's so redundant. Only thing separating it from Alexi's Sawtooth os the stupid Fishman Fluence active pickups and the painted neck.

Yup, ripping off Jackson's work.

I have no problem with the chameleon paint, it's something different from the usual boring black guitar.

What do you mean "ripped off"? Like from Jacksons?
Then yes. ESP's been copying forever :)
I like the Arrow, cause it's not just another rhoads by ESP. The Andromeda finish is super cool. It's like what "car jocks" (what is the correct therm for this? And what is the therm/name for this in your country? In danish they're called Brians) sometimes have their WV Golf GTI's painted in. Under different lighting it turns greenish. Wish the whole guitar was painted like this :)

If theres one design on a rhoads style guitar i don't like, it's the new E-II SV. It's so redundant. Only thing separating it from Alexi's Sawtooth os the stupid Fishman Fluence active pickups and the painted neck.
The word you are searching for is the "Pearl, Pearlhouse" paint job

I'm still about to sell my white RR24M... just seems like an effort. If I start playing guitar again I want some neutral guitar that looks more natural or mature in a way and is for playing black metal and stuff. :D The RR is kinda made for virtuosic playing, but I just want something that's for playing dark and atmospheric stuff.

I'm still about to sell my white RR24M... just seems like an effort. If I start playing guitar again I want some neutral guitar that looks more natural or mature in a way and is for playing black metal and stuff. :D The RR is kinda made for virtuosic playing, but I just want something that's for playing dark and atmospheric stuff.

Get a black Les Paul with golden hardware. Can't go wrong with that :D

The red binding and red pickup are a bit too much. And the gold hardware doesn't work for me either. I do love the IWC cover though, it would probably have worked better on a black guitar instead of all-over.

Reactions: MaximHateCrew
if alexi gets that in his live gear, he wont ever be going to use it, its just a seller guitar to earn money with, its the same thing with the greeny, alexi Rarely use it live, the skull just kills the awesomeness on the greeny, this is overdone and so not alexi style.

Reactions: MaximHateCrew
Guys, I'm really considering to buy a Jackson JS32 BWB

rhoads-js32-black-white-bevels-hd-c4a_1.jpg

I really like the colour of the body and I'm curious about those Jackson pickups I already listened to some presets on thomann.de and they sounded promising, well not as good as the EMG 81 nor the mighty J50 series but not bad at all the only problem is imo that white pickguard, I rarely like pickguards on RRs and this one isn't an exception I have found an asian guy who has one with black pickguard which looks much more sexy.
IMG_1752_resize.JPG

But where can I buy it? It would be also okay if they sell black RR pg separately, but sadly they don't, maybe I should paintbrush the white one?

I found a young thrash band called Inhalator (nowadays I'm searching for local, little but good bands, because I would like to go more concerts - I was pretty much a sitting-at-home guy, before) and one of their guitarist using the JS32 above with the black pg. and I asked him, where is that from and he said it's from the online shop where I've searched before, he ordered it as a white pickguarded one but it had come with a black one and one of his friends also was in the same shoe with this kind of guitar, so probably they are using the wrong sample picture... (maybe all over the internet or that's a lottery)

What pickup would you suggest as a replacement for the J50BC?
I have several JE1000 and tweo of the J50s, but I dont want to have a battery in my guitars anymore, so I through the JE1000 out and just played with only the J50BC. The problem is, that the J50BC without the EQ from the JE1000 and the gain isnt that good for a CoB type of tone.
I play a Marshall 2203 or my GP-1000, and I have to hit both of them very hard with an overdrive pedal.

So, to keep my setup simple and to not use the Boss SD-1 permanently, I want another humbucker as a replacement for the J50BC. But what could get me to that type of tone?
Active is not a choice, because there is no space for a battery in my RR1 for example.

@Reapy, why not wire up one of your je1000s in pedal form and run it on a typical pedal power supply? its quite easy to do and really doesn't cost much. only cost of a footswitch, input and output jacks, an enclosure and 9v power jack. I just recently did this with an mm04 so if you need any help I can guide you through the process.

Didn't really know where to post that so I'm posting it here in case some people are interested in CoB's guitar sound. I just found out this presets for BIAS and they all sound pretty close to Laiho's sound.