The Cronian Album Is Quality Stuff...

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
...I don't know why there's a backlash. Sure, there are similarities to Borknagar and perhaps it could've been a good Borknagar album, but it's a fine side project and, along with Dark Tranquillity, are masters of the new genre of 'Arctic Metal.'

To me, this album is a blend of Borknagar and electronic Burzum. A fine piece of metal...

Welll...uh...

If there was any Dark Tranquillity album that was 'Arctic Metal,' it would be DAMAGE DONE and CHARACTER...both laced with electronic parts. But mabye not, since it's more organic, while Cronian is very cold with it's electronic parts...

I guess Wintersun would've been a better band to lump into the 'Arctic Metal' genre...

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
...I don't know why there's a backlash. Sure, there are similarities to Borknagar and perhaps it could've been a good Borknagar album, but it's a fine side project and, along with Dark Tranquillity, are masters of the new genre of 'Arctic Metal.'

To me, this album is a blend of Borknagar and electronic Burzum. A fine piece of metal...

I don't think it even comes close to Borknagar quality. It doesn't have the consistency and tight arrangements of a Borknagar album. I see it as a small side project in its own realm and thats as far as it goes. :Smug:

Plus it lacks Asgeir on drums. :worship:

every Immortal album is also 'Arctic metal', in my opinion... :/ depends on how you interpret this arctic metal

but i also agree with the fact that Terra is highly underrated..

i think that, from Mr. V's side projects perspective, that Havayoth and Waterclime are a bit better than Cronian

I believed they described listening to Immortal as being like standing at the North Pole on a windy day with a t-shirt on.

^darcy: 'it', i suppose you refer to Terra?
because actually i have that same 'feeling' when i listen to Sons of northern darkness :)