The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

1300406316_mindflow-with-bare-hands-2011-0.jpg

I've been listening to a lot of Amorphis lately.

amorphis_silent_waters.jpg

I do not understand some of the negativity of this album. I thought it was yet another great album by them.

while-heaven-wept-fear-of-infinity-300x300.jpg

Can't wait for tonight.

21962_rammstein_sehnsucht.jpg

jem777az said:
How is it?

nomisofsiman said:
I still don't get this album title and cover. Doesn't seem to fit them at all. How is it though?

I still need to listen to it a couple more times to have a definite opinion, though. So far, it sounds like another Hammerfall disc, only a bit darker. The first track has an old-school doom metal feel throughout most of it... and then the typical Hammerfall-Helloween'esque section... :lol:

Dirty Looks - Turn of the Screw
Winger - Karma
Tyketto - Don't Come Easy
Vixen - Rev It Up
Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers

A band I have been meaning to check out. I found a double live LP at a used shop for 2 bucks. Still have to listen to it though. I've heard good things.

You should check them out for sure. But beware... Quo is one of those bands that has released both incredibly good albums and also some real duds...
If the LP you bought is "Live" from 1973, you are in for a treat...

Other recommended albums are:

Piledriver
Quo
Hello
On the Level
Blue for You

These are all heavy, bluesy 70's hard rock.

Then they had a period between 77-81 where they were a bit thinner sounding but still good (i.e. Rockin' all over the World, Just Supposin' etc).
Beware of buying stuff released after -81. There are some excellent albums but also some really scary stuff...