The Da Vinci Code

Tee said:
I was expecting a deeper explanation. something to base my contra-argument upon. :eek: :tickled:

I apologize. I just had to be honest and tell you that when he started preaching,
I did get up, and walked out of the room, straight to the bar and ordered another glass of the House Merlot. Then I stayed near the bar and only came back after that priest-tard
was talking about the couple who just got married,
Then, only *then* I sat back at my table and ate another piece of bread with butter.
Yes yes, true story at the Ritz Carlton Hotel.

FretsAflame said:
You should have! I bet the groom's family would have loved you for it ;)

They couldn't get a magistrate? :(

They did both magistrate and church ceremony, I don't really know why... I wouldn't!

I didn't really say anything because they know what they want better than I, the groom even went through with confirmation for that. His family are mature people who don't need me to defend them and they were drunk by the time of speech anyway!

perniciosa said:
They did both magistrate and church ceremony, I don't really know why... I wouldn't!

I didn't really say anything because they know what they want better than I, the groom even went through with confirmation for that. His family are mature people who don't need me to defend them and they were drunk by the time of speech anyway!

Hahaha naturally on both accounts!

Sometimes the best thing to do is just grin and bear it, hell, makes for something to talk about afterwards at least.

By the way, the name of your town is the most fun name I've ever tried to pronounce! :lol:

Dead_Lioness said:
I apologize. I just had to be honest and tell you that when he started preaching,
I did get up, and walked out of the room, straight to the bar and ordered another glass of the House Merlot. Then I stayed near the bar and only came back after that priest-tard
was talking about the couple who just got married,
Then, only *then* I sat back at my table and ate another piece of bread with butter.
Yes yes, true story at the Ritz Carlton Hotel.

by deeper explanation I wasn't expecting detailed. LOL but hey, thx anyway. :kickass:

Dead_Lioness said:
You know, there is nothing I hate mote than to go to some event, and some
douche bag priest 'takes advantage' of the temporary stage and starts preaching. I always get up and leave the room.
I was at a wedding like that last year.... 30 minutes about the "jesus" of 2006. FU-CK--Y-O-U!

Going to a wedding and getting pissed at the fact that a priest is going to talk is like going to a pool and getting pissed when you get wet.

Now who's the "Douche Bag"?

Congradulations, you're a rebel, now move on.

FretsAflame said:
By the way, the name of your town is the most fun name I've ever tried to pronounce! :lol:

Well, it is a little bit weird, i thought it was really funny when i first moved to slovenia and couldn't speak any slovene, but now i got used to it. It looks more complicated than it actually sounds :)

perniciosa said:
Well, it is a little bit weird, i thought it was really funny when i first moved to slovenia and couldn't speak any slovene, but now i got used to it. It looks more complicated than it actually sounds :)

It's just a blast to say!

So you're not originally from slovenia? Where are you from?

Mark7 said:
Going to a wedding and getting pissed at the fact that a priest is going to talk is like going to a pool and getting pissed when you get wet.

Now who's the "Douche Bag"?

Congradulations, you're a rebel, now move on.

really wise guy... a wedding has nothing to do with preaching for 30 minutes about "christianity of today". I wasn't talking about the normal wedding Jesus Love crap you get all the time, but pure 30 minutes of Sunday mass carp.
No, I'm not a "rebel" just can't stand hearing a priest-tard talking to us all like we're 5 years olds.
Now you can move on yourself, stay to your left though, I heard its cooler.

FretsAflame said:
It's just a blast to say!

So you're not originally from slovenia? Where are you from?

I'm half russian half moldavian, i was born in Moscow, then i moved a lot (Moldova, Russia, France, England) and now i live in a town with a funny name

Dead_Lioness said:
really wise guy... a wedding has nothing to do with preaching for 30 minutes about "christianity of today". I wasn't talking about the normal wedding Jesus Love crap you get all the time, but pure 30 minutes of Sunday mass carp.
No, I'm not a "rebel" just can't stand hearing a priest-tard talking to us all like we're 5 years olds.
Now you can move on yourself, stay to your left though, I heard its cooler.

Oh Karen, you're such a crazy rebel. You're so cool. Do you like Slipknot? I bet you don't read. I don't read. I don't support government. Let's have sex.

perniciosa said:
I'm half russian half moldavian, i was born in Moscow, then i moved a lot (Moldova, Russia, France, England) and now i live in a town with a funny name
... and a country with beautiful nature. :)

perniciosa said:

:lol: cool!

So are the j's pronounced with a "y" sound or a "j" sound?

Wondering if it's "you-bul-ya-na" or "jew-bul-ja-na" :D (I'm presuming the initial l is mostly silent :lol:)

FretsAflame said:
:lol: cool!

So are the j's pronounced with a "y" sound or a "j" sound?

Wondering if it's "you-bul-ya-na" or "jew-bul-ja-na" :D (I'm presuming the initial l is mostly silent :lol:)

it's easier, it's "lyu-blya-na" (lju-blja-na), "l" is not silent, j is pronounced as "y"

it would be easier for you, if you spoke some slavic language

perniciosa said:
it's easier, it's "lyu-blya-na" (lju-blja-na), "l" is not silent, j is pronounced as "y"

it would be easier for you, if you spoke some slavic language

Oho, I thought that was probably it ;) It rolls off the tongue quite nicely for me, but maybe that has something to do with living in Germany for 6 years when I was young.

FretsAflame said:
Oho, I thought that was probably it ;) It rolls off the tongue quite nicely for me, but maybe that has something to do with living in Germany for 6 years when I was young.
yeah, they totally have "ly" in German.