The Da Vinci Code

Dead_Lioness said:
Holy Blood Holt Grail a book that came out at the late 70's and was the book behind Dan Brown's hit seller....
I can't believe I somewhat forgot about Holy Blood Holy Grail...

The theories about Jesus having a blood line are not new... Dan Brown didn't wrte anything new.. but he wrote a fun book to read.
yes. I also love history. or what we get presented as history. :err: (I have that book too.)

Tee said:
yes. I also love history. or what we get presented as history. :err: (I have that book too.)

Aye! I used to have it... long time ago... but I moved too much in the past 7 years, I'm not sure I remember in which part of the globe I left it :p
oh well, I'm going to order that book again....

You just said AYE! ...made my day! :p

The co-authors of that book just brought a failed law suit against Dan Brown. If memory serves, almost all of this conjecture is based on a mispelling of a word by a medieval scribe.

"I have nothing but the greatest respect for Christian fundamentalists, because it takes a lot of stamina and dedication to successfully block out all forms of logic and reason for so long."

WARNING: Movie spoiler ahead!

How ironic about the pope, considering the moviemakers turned the message of the book around and made it PROMOTE Christianity. They also changed the ending to make Sophie Neveu the last descendant of Christ...the whole time he was building up to it I was thinking "don't say it, don't say it, I'm gonna vomit if you say it..."

And of course, he said it:

"You ARE the secret!"

:puke:

just got back from the movie. it's good...obviously not as good as the book, or as detailed, but still worth seeing and quite enjoyable. i was half expecting to see protests at the cinema but there werent any.

ok, use whatever to shit on it if thats ure way of dealing with frustrations...
i'm not preaching about christianity, nor budism nor whatever, but i am about prejudices, stereotyping and other bullshits.
if u r different than those people, why dont you tell them in their faces what you have in mind?
i'm not religious, but i respect somebody's beliefs. i would respect yours if you had the guts to be opened with it which you obviously r not becouse what you said here is not what you would say to those people in their faces, right?

En Vind Av Sorg said:
"I have nothing but the greatest respect for Christian fundamentalists, because it takes a lot of stamina and dedication to successfully block out all forms of logic and reason for so long."

hahaha..that's a good one, and it's true! i actually envy them a lot for being able to do that, i guess you have to be extremly strong person, or just the opposite , extremly stupid to build something so important for youre life in your mind. there's nothing in between.

Mike said:
fuck the book, the movie and the catholics

My thoughts exactly.

I hate christianity. I sure as shit hate Dan brown. Ron Howard has made my shitlist a few times. I have no desire to see the film.

I' don't agree with the church as an institution, they brainwash people...
I was at some wedding yesterday and the priest started the ceremony with 20 min long speech about The Da Vinci Code, he also mentioned that people are not what they used to be (whatever that means) and that the one who is not catholic does not deserve to be married... the groom's family were serbian orthodox and the priest knew it

perniciosa said:
I was at some wedding yesterday and the priest started the ceremony with 20 min long speech about The Da Vinci Code,

You know, there is nothing I hate mote than to go to some event, and some
douche bag priest 'takes advantage' of the temporary stage and starts preaching. I always get up and leave the room.
I was at a wedding like that last year.... 30 minutes about the "jesus" of 2006. FU-CK--Y-O-U!

But imagine a world without religion i bet there wouldnt be any stupid wars and stuff about completely nothing...

hmm wait nah humans are made for war i think we would have find something else to make war about

but still i do not think religion is a good thing (im christian btw but thats only because my parents wanted 2), although its about 75% of the human history

perniciosa said:
I was at some wedding yesterday and the priest started the ceremony with 20 min long speech about The Da Vinci Code, he also mentioned that people are not what they used to be (whatever that means) and that the one who is not catholic does not deserve to be married... the groom's family were serbian orthodox and the priest knew it

ROFL

Lioness, what, you went out and made a goat bleed to feel better? :oops: