The Da Vinci Code

There's really nothing wrong with Dan Brown. If he makes into any list of the "great works of literature," then there will be something wrong with him, but he writes entertaining books with interesting premises. If nothing else, you have to at least admit that he's better than John Grisham. His books are well-written enough, but they just don't have the substance and style to carry them very far, not to mention originality. The Da Vinci Code was definitely able to hit its high point through controversy, though, and it's only going to help the movie. I'd say I'm as big of a fan of the book as I am of its fundamentalist critics. My favorite thing to come from The Da Vinci Code is the two hour special that the History Channel airs. One hour builds it up as being an actual possibility and having truth, and then the second hour completely ass rapes it.

I liked the book. a lot.
I have my beliefs, though I'm not a Christian nor a universal openminded shaman... so... I don't feel the need to spit hysterically around myself criticizing bitterly things I don't like.
*repeats herself* what bothers you, ignore it, otherwise you'll get a heart attack or a stroke. or cancer. LOL
or do. you might get it anyway. :D

You guys, lets just put something on the table here: I don't think Dan Brown is
the best author in the market nowdays, nor I think he's god's dift for litteture. Quite the opposite.
I agree with Brooks: Its like the music of Usher (hahaha Brooks!)
entertaining, and fun, but pointless.
I have read his previous book, and finished The Da Vinchi Code 3 weeks ago, and because I have read that book, and know its entertaining and decent,
It kills me to see people who take it so godamn seriously.
Plus, talking about abortions/ Jebus/ Gays on the Metro?
FUCK THEM.

It's not so much opinions that bother me, it's the forceful way in which many folks think they should be my opinions also.

The book is based on possible symbols in art,strange facts and historical theories.They are all combined with fiction to do nothing more than create a story that is fun to listen to and not to be believed like its some kind of fucking historical conspiracy !
The movie (I saw it last night) sucked like hell ! these were the worse wasted 7 euros I have spent in my life !Not only did they fail to mention all the factors the story is based on (like some symbols in paintings or references to history) that are mentioned in the book,but they also had to cut the storyline down to size.
Read the book if you wish but not spent your money to see this stupid movie !

Tee said:
ella re :eek: 7 euros! we pay 3, I'll still go check it.
7 fucking euros (pop corn) not included !
I think you should read the book first cuz you will miss most of the interesting stuff and not understand the movie completely.I have also read the previous book which helped me understand the character and a book about the facts this whole thing is based on as well.