The Definitive Rose of Sharyn DI + Backing

I just wanted to ask if there were changes concerning the bpm?
Some reamps are faster than the others.

If I'm playing the backing track I have a lot more beats per minutes. I'm just curious and wondering if my soundcard is setup right. Everything else sounds fine.

Thanks in advance!

Long time lurker, first time posting a mix I worked on haha.
I used BIAS Desktop with a TSE 808.

I never really worked with fading something out so I tried to in Reaper. If you guys could give me some tips on improving the fade out, it would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fading individual items in Reaper using the fade controls that pop up when you hover over the edge of items will affect how hard those items hit the FX chain- so if you're using guitar DIs, instead of gradually fading out the signal, you simply choke the life out of the DIs and reduce the amount of signal going into your amp sim. I think bringing up the master track and using volume automation is probably a better option.

Fading individual items in Reaper using the fade controls that pop up when you hover over the edge of items will affect how hard those items hit the FX chain- so if you're using guitar DIs, instead of gradually fading out the signal, you simply choke the life out of the DIs and reduce the amount of signal going into your amp sim. I think bringing up the master track and using volume automation is probably a better option.
Ok, that definitely sounds better. Thanks!

5 years later haha :D I just started mixing for real though, so figured I'd give my go at this guitar tone as it's pretty kickass. Tried to stay as true to the original as possible. A major part of the tone is the bass though, so a MIDI version for it would be nice, but I didn't bother typing it in manually :) Well done with the DI's!

Hi guys,

i wanted to make a video that helps people learn to play the song. The backing track at a lower tempo helped me to explain how to play the individual parts of the song. Thank you a lot for that!

I used LePou plugins to get as close as possible to the Killswitch tone. Any feedback is highly welcome!

Thanks
André

really old version i done of this about 5 years ago. pretty scrappy playing tho

also a declaration cover i done pretty much at the same time. How things have moved on from amplitube

Hi guys,

Here is my mix for the song. Thank you for the DI's !
I didn't use the bass and drum track, but programmed my own, using trillian and SSL.
Guitars: BIAS + EQ matching.