The DTB tour stops after December 8th

:rolleyes: Dude you really are being more of an asshole than any of the Symphony X fans. There were SX fans that didn't like Devin sure, but only a few were assholes about it, and not NEARLY to the extent that you are. I'm sorry not everybody loved your favorite band... it happens. You think people aren't assholes to Symphony X while their on stage?

Dude you really are being more of an asshole than any of the Symphony X fans.

Thanks !!! it was a real challenge, very difficult. What a competition. Would you welcome me in your court now that I'm a real symphony x fan ?

The Yngster said:
I'm sorry not everybody loved your favorite band... it happens.

I never said that the DTB was my favourite band . My favourite artist is Tori amos : Another artist that writes nice and simple music, another artist that sell millions of copies, another artist that gets MTV support...Shit !!! I'm an asshole and I'm gay and her music is not progressive metal ...Should I be burnt for this heresy ?

The Yngster said:
You think people aren't assholes to Symphony X while their on stage?

This thread should be locked now, inspiration is now hard to find
(where is Kleo ??? : ))
To finish , just find me a DTB related topic where fans say it was cool to insult SYMPHONY X while they were on stage ???

No ? you don't find ? now watch your super progressive heroes forum and you will understand how stupid some symphony x fans can be

He is being an asshole because this is DTB bashing in the DTB forum. Want to do DTB bashing? Do it in the SX forum, like I have been reading over there. It is perfectly fine not to like a band, coming to a forum dedicated to him and say that you have lost, or never had, any respect for them is another matter.

Other point: Geoff is close to Devy and Tracy, so when he hears Devy telling that is sick, tired, it was the worse response he ever had and got booed on the stage it hurts not only Devy but Geoff personally. While it is not the majority who booed and come down to the fact that a majority of SX fans are not into DTB and that is difficult to live on a day to day basis. Once in a while it is liveable but I would like to see you get arseholes booing you every single night. There is a number of arguments as to why or why not you or me like the band but this is not the forum to do so. This is the fanboy forum period. Don't come here to insult or denigrate the artist that we love so much. If you don't want this kind of reaction then discuss it elsewhere.

Bah, theres obviously nothing I can say to calm this guy down, so I'll do both of us a favor and leave. Even though I have said absolutely NOTHING negative about Devin, he still groups me with the small group of people who did, and thats whats starting to get on my nerves. I honestly dont give a shit what he says about SX, it doesn't bother me one bit

You know its not Symphony X's fault that some of their fans are such stuck up prog fucks they can't enjoy good metal music. I'm one of the SyX fans thats a huge powermetal fan and I see a decent share of powermetal bashing at the SyX forum (not saying DTB is powermetal, just that I know how some prog fans get towards non complicated music, you think some of the proggy SyX fans are bad, you should see some Dream Theater fans). I like SYL, I enjoyed DTB's set and he got, from what I could tell, a pretty good reaction at my show (Farmingdale). My question to you, oldlyonfreak, is why, if you hate how some SyX fans got towards Devin, allow yourself to stoop down to the same level of insults towards both SyX and their fans? Especially being sort of a spokesperson for Devin, it really doesn't show a high level of tact or professionalism on your part.

Yngvai X said:
You know its not Symphony X's fault that some of their fans are such stuck up prog fucks they can't enjoy good metal music. I'm one of the SyX fans thats a huge powermetal fan and I see a decent share of powermetal bashing at the SyX forum (not saying DTB is powermetal, just that I know how some prog fans get towards non complicated music, you think some of the proggy SyX fans are bad, you should see some Dream Theater fans). I like SYL, I enjoyed DTB's set and he got, from what I could tell, a pretty good reaction at my show (Farmingdale). My question to you, oldlyonfreak, is why, if you hate how some SyX fans got towards Devin, allow yourself to stoop down to the same level of insults towards both SyX and their fans? Especially being sort of a spokesperson for Devin, it really doesn't show a high level of tact or professionalism on your part.
I'll second this! I happen to be a huge Symphony X fan, and I also like some of Devin's material. I try to have a very open mind about a band and even if they aren't my thing, I would still be respectful. I would never boo anyone.
And as for the webmaster... "Do you think that it's logical to act like a complete asshole just because you don't like a band"
Tell me how you didn't just contradict yourself please? You're being rather unprofessional. So Symphony X isn't your thing. They were nice enough to take Devin along on this tour and I happen to know that the band even likes some of Devin's material, so maybe you should treat them with a little respect. There's always going to be some assholes out there. That's no reason for you to act like one too.

oldlyonfreak said:
SYMPHONY X sounds like a pale copy of Yngwie MalmsteemQUOTE]
That comment pretty much discredits any statement you make about music whatsoever. You do Devin a great disservice with your ignorance and your childish behavior. I hope people don't think that the type of person you are displaying yourself as is a reflection of the type of person Devin is.

I don't think Devin is an irate frenchman. Of course... that would explain the hair.

Wow, touchy. I think it was pretty unprofessional the way Devin acted. At the Cleveland date, he said, "A lot of you guys are probably better guitarists than me, but fuck you, 'cause I got the record deal." Why be an asshole? I LIKE talking to better guitarists than me! Either way, he's as much a dick as the fans.

And I enjoyed Devin a lot, even though SX is my favorite band and I've never heard DTB before. So fuck you and your generalizations.

kleo706 said:
I don't think Devin is an irate frenchman. Of course... that would explain the hair.
:lol: Devin's hair is totally \m/ And OfSinsAndShred, I think the whole entire point that these guys are trying to make is that Devins is joking around... your not supposed to take him seriously

I don't know what to say. I really don't. I am totally objective here, and I love DTB and Symphony X. I thought both of them had phenomenal performances. I will admit, I am more of a Symphony X fan, but I thought DTB's performance was just really cool. It bothers me that such flame wars as this would start. As a musician into chops-minded music, I think we all share a certain kindred spirit. No matter if we like Prog, Powermetal, Devin Townsend or Symphony X. This us an ULTIMATE METAL forum, one that should unite the heavy metal community, not build walls between ourselves. Divided we fall, guys. If we as music lovers can't appreciate each other, then ... I don't know what, but this really isn't good. I think this is just a terrible mixup, more than anything else, a miscommunication.... I just don't know.

ShredManWalking said:
I think this is just a terrible mixup, more than anything else, a miscommunication.... I just don't know.

I think that this thread is just a gathering of melodramatic douches. Not surprising given that most of the scene consists of douches of varying degrees of drama.

xoxoxo
-k-

p.s. I love you all.

hey oldyonfreak or whatever the hell ur name is ( oldyonretard is a better name for u , suits u better ) .... ur a fuckin idiot and u make urself look foolish and immature ... grow up .... ok cool ... i let it out lol , now i can go back to guitar practice :)

OfSinsAndShred said:
Wow, touchy. I think it was pretty unprofessional the way Devin acted. At the Cleveland date, he said, "A lot of you guys are probably better guitarists than me, but fuck you, 'cause I got the record deal." Why be an asshole? I LIKE talking to better guitarists than me! Either way, he's as much a dick as the fans.

And I enjoyed Devin a lot, even though SX is my favorite band and I've never heard DTB before. So fuck you and your generalizations.
Devin always rips on the crowd, it's part of his act. MOST people find it funny.

@ the webmaster dude, whos name i forgot.

Ok, so a dear freind of yours gets a shitty responce from a SyX audience. Ok, so some people were dicks to devin, which does suck a lot. So some Symphony X fans are prog snobs and shred elitists, ect ect... why are you implying that ALL SyX fans are in that vien. Symphony X are my favourite band by a fucking mile, but i love most genres of metal, and music in general (i actually prefure jazz to metal now) The one genre of metal that i don't really like overly (apart from numetal and black metal) is prog metal. if you go to the SyX forum, alot of ppl are the same there too. But that doesnt mean i cant like bands like SyX or DT ect... and just because SyX are pretty technical, doesnt mean they're wankers or whatever as SyX have melody and emotion under it. But this is all going into the IMO department. I got Terria and liked some of it. some of it didn't do much for me either, but thats not coz its not techncial prog or anything you wanna flame me about, its just coz it didnt do much for me. But i can seriously appreciate what he's trying to aceive (or is acheiving) Earth Day and Canada rules btw. Dont make stereotypes out of fans of a certain band, coz you look like a bigger asshole than anyone of them when you say certain shit like this.

And even if SOME SyX fans were being dicks to DTB, why act like a fucking 4 year who just learnt what fuck means to the actual band of Syx? Its not as if SyX are getting their fans to do this, so whats your piont man, your bassicly insulting SyX out of the blue. At least flame syx fans, not the fucking band.

So what are you going to flame me about now, huh. Go ahead take your best shot.

Guys, this is really of no use.... I understand both points of view, but it's getting out of hand, don't ya fink?

I don't mean to preach, but let's have some respect for each other, okay?

After, it's just entertainment folks!

SXProgMetal said:
hey oldyonfreak or whatever the hell ur name is ( oldyonretard is a better name for u , suits u better ) .... ur a fuckin idiot and u make urself look foolish and immature ... grow up .... ok cool ... i let it out lol , now i can go back to guitar practice :)

From the heart thank you !!! As I said it's always difficult to defy some fans when it comes to brainless talks. You reached the 1st place and you will reign forever at the top of stupidity bonhead !!!
:worship:

You do Devin a great disservice with your ignorance and your childish behavior.

Thank you again !!!
You mailed all the SYMPHONY X forum to come an post here...Cool
Nice to meet you all finally... :worship: