The ENSLAVED thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
''Enslaved's gimmicky synthesis of 70s prog and black metal just not worth the time - it's irrelevant. So why are people listening to a 2nd rate copy instead of the originals like Emperor and Camel? Simply - it's easy to listen to''

Yeah Enslaved is a 2nd rate copy of Emperor AND Camel, lawl...now i see the point bro, very valid, + rep 4 ya.

The music is highly consonant [...] The challenging melodic and harmonic content and the emotional and intellectual weight of the band's early material is gone

Are you retarded? I mean, what the fuck IS that? Enslaved's later material is EASILY much more dissonant and "challenging" harmonically, AND that whole second bit is like... superfluous nothing comments ANYONE could make about ANY band at any point in time and never be proven right or wrong. Why do people have to be complete morons when they try to justify not liking a band?

that main riff from ''ascension'' is pure Camel worship, but at the same time it is very pop-rocky...can't you guys see, they do that to impress teh KiDz, can't you see mah valid p0int???!!??111

Are you retarded? I mean, what the fuck IS that? Enslaved's later material is EASILY much more dissonant and "challenging" harmonically, AND that whole second bit is like... superfluous nothing comments ANYONE could make about ANY band at any point in time and never be proven right or wrong. Why do people have to be complete morons when they try to justify not liking a band?

Bullshit, there's hardly a dissonant progression anywhere on their last three albums. RUUN was so predictably consonant that anyone with two years of high school chorus could hum the resolution of every phrase without ever hearing the songs before. Some of the individual chords are dissonant (very common in rock music generally), but the basic melodic lines and all the phrasal resolutions are pretty much entirely consonant (in contrast to their earlier works where the melodic lines and phrase endings are often dissonant and unresolved).

These divergent techniques have a very different impact. The band's recent material is sounds familiar to people whose experience is mostly with mainstream music. It has nice, simple, rocklike melodies and resolves in satifactorily predictable way. Their early music, by contrast, sounds denser, darker, and the melodies lack the comfortable familiarity of rock music - less accessible in every way.

my mistake. You're right. I listen to Enslaved mostly for the pretty, predictable rock melodies that dominate their later records. I was simply blinded because of my lack of understanding of music, but everything is clear now. It's so funny that i didn't notice just how much they were simply using tried and true rock music methods (especially with the slightly dissonant chords! i love how AC/DC uses those awesome dissonant chords too! Now it's obvious AC/DC worship when i think about it). In fact, If i didn't know better i'd say Queen Of The Night was just a cover of TNT. Now that i think about it more, Bounded By Allegiance could TOTALLY be a cover of I Can't Get No Satisfaction. Enslaved must've really listened to a lot of Aerosmith when they wrote the last three albums, that much is obvious. Sometimes i accidentally sing "walk this way" over Havenless, because of the similar chord progressions and voicings.

my mistake. You're right. I listen to Enslaved mostly for the pretty, predictable rock melodies that dominate their later records. I was simply blinded because of my lack of understanding of music, but everything is clear now. It's so funny that i didn't notice just how much they were simply using tried and true rock music methods (especially with the slightly dissonant chords! i love how AC/DC uses those awesome dissonant chords too! Now it's obvious AC/DC worship when i think about it). In fact, If i didn't know better i'd say Queen Of The Night was just a cover of TNT. Now that i think about it more, Bounded By Allegiance could TOTALLY be a cover of I Can't Get No Satisfaction. Enslaved must've really listened to a lot of Aerosmith when they wrote the last three albums, that much is obvious. Sometimes i accidentally sing "walk this way" over Havenless, because of the similar chord progressions and voicings.

Because, after all, rock stopped being made in 1977... :rolleyes:

classic mumblefood irony! i love it. :lol:

LOL at the tool who loudly proclaims his love for Bullet For My Valentine.

Isn't it time for you to stare soulfully at your Robbie Williams posters and touch yourself?

You're also a moron, so I think we can't exactly take your word as gospel.

Yeah, I mean I just love...err, who?

"armaggeddon's children," you big ignoramus...i thought you got your name from a fantasy novel...but i guess i expected too much from you.

never mind, go back to dictating your musical doctrines to everyone. im sure someone will listen to you and stop listening to music they actually enjoy. :rolleyes:

"armaggeddon's children," you big ignoramus...i thought you got your name from a fantasy novel...but i guess i expected too much from you.

Sorry, I don't read comic books.

never mind, go back to dictating your musical doctrines to everyone. im sure someone will listen to you and stop listening to music they actually enjoy. :rolleyes:

Because, after all, not sharing your opinion of a fucking BAND is so incredibly dictatorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.