The ENSLAVED thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They sound nothing alike, but I see where you're coming from even though I disagree.

Yes, newer Enslaved appeals to Opeth fans, not that they are identical sound-wise...it is more the structure of the songs and the smart blend of Prog-rock and modern extreme metal that both bands play, that is how i see it.

Where did you get the wording for your post from, a restaraunt menu?

"smart blend of Prog-rock" - isn't that some kind of generic post on this forum when a furiously-masturbating-to-GR teen attempts to express some kind of explanation.

im sorry...Ruun and Ghost Reveries have MUCH in common.

Other than that they take influences from progressive music of previous decades, there is no correlation between the two. Ruun expresses it's influences in one way, GR in another, but defintely not the same, nor remotely similar.

Anyway, we've been through this earlier sometime in a galaxy far, far away, so let's just agree to disagree :)

lol my explanation makes sense you moron, nothing absurd about that...and why is it ''generic'' you tool? have you seen someone saying that kind of thing before? ok, Opeth is vey dumb!!11

For what it's worth, there is really no musical correlation to GR and RUNN. There maybe similiar attributes musically, but they are separate visions.

I'm now going to three dates:

Jan. 10 - BB King Blues Club - New York, NY
Feb. 03 - The Chance - Poughkeepsie, NY
Feb. 04 - Webster Theater - Hartford, CT

Hopefully i can find a way of getting from poughkeepsie to hartford without hiring a cab or going back to NYNY first. anyone know a way?

^ You couldn't be more wrong: Opeth and newer Enslaved are NOTHING alike. Get your hearing checked.

El Oh El

Long, varying songs
Use of both clean sung and screamed vocals
Obviously HUGE prog rock influence
etc.etc.etc.etc....

I'm not saying the actual songs sound exactly the same, as they both have their own style and goals with their music, but if you can't see the similarities and how someone whos a fan of one would like the other....

Tubbs. listen to ISA or RUUN first, thats their last 2 albums so it should reflect best where they are at now musically (plus they kick ass) O and dont pay any attention to Ammagedons Child or Hibernal dream, they tend wank on a lot about shit they know nothing about it...

Tubbs. listen to ISA or RUUN first, thats their last 2 albums so it should reflect best where they are at now musically (plus they kick ass) O and dont pay any attention to Ammagedons Child or Hibernal dream, they tend wank on a lot about shit they know nothing about it...
I've heard them both already. Fantastic imho. Also, I did actually get their first album too, which is pretty good also.

Well, i'd just say work backwards really... I have nearly all their albums and have heard all but Mardraum.. And all i can say is that they're all worth checking out - so i guess it'd be a good idea to work backwards.

Reactions: Hubster
Status
Not open for further replies.