The ENSLAVED thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*tries to bring dignity back to this thread* yes i agree with it being ok to work backwards. the first album i bought was ruun:ill: and now im so hooked. this is kind of the same thing i did for opeth. their newest cd when i started listening to them was still life, so i bought that and it made me really appreciate their stuff that came before that. i am having the same feelings for enslaved. so yes, i would suggest starting with ruun or isa, and dont stop!

Runn was a definate return to form in my opinion. i was a fan of Isa, but not as big of a fan as i was of Below the Lights or the earlier work. i dont think Monumension will ever be totally eclipsed, mainly because it blends the classic sound with clever experimentation just PERFECTLY. it was a landmark album. This is coming from a dude who used to worship the ground that Below the Lights sat upon in its cd case. haha.

amazing band, one of my favorites. Been a fan now for around 3-4 years.

Runn was a definate return to form in my opinion. i was a fan of Isa, but not as big of a fan as i was of Below the Lights or the earlier work. i dont think Monumension will ever be totally eclipsed, mainly because it blends the classic sound with clever experimentation just PERFECTLY. it was a landmark album. This is coming from a dude who used to worship the ground that Below the Lights sat upon in its cd case. haha.

amazing band, one of my favorites. Been a fan now for around 3-4 years.

I bought Ruun and started loving it, then bought Isa and started loving it ... then I bought the only one available in the cd-store I go to at the moment, wich was Blodhemn, and although totally different of course it was great too, but I preferred the later ones ... so I bought Below the Lights and it blew me away! :headbang: ...... totally hooked on that one now, I prefer it much more than Ruun and Isa now .. so the next step will probably be Monumension if I find it :erk:
not easy to find every enslaved album here, they often have 2 cd's or so from them, and it varies which ones every time ...

which enslaved albums do you enjoy the most from most to least?

for me it's something like this:

isa
below the lights
ruun
blodhemn
vikingligr veldi
monumension
eld
mardraum
frost

Monumension
Below The Lights
Isa
Ruun
Eld
Blodhemn
Vikingligr Veldi
Frost

Haven't heard Mardraum yet. The top 3 is all very close, i love all 3 albums very much.
EDIT: Ruun moved above Eld.

for me, because of bounded by allegience and neogenesis. but it really is a close call for isa, below the lights and ruun.

how on earth is isa above ruun
For the fact that every song on ISA is nothing short of brilliant, whereas with Ruun 'Tides Of Chaos' has a pretty lame beginning. For me ISA is one of my favourite albums ever, and is near perfect.

I've just realised i put Eld above Ruun - that was a genuine mistake.

which enslaved albums do you enjoy the most from most to least?

for me it's something like this:

isa
below the lights
ruun
blodhemn
vikingligr veldi
monumension
eld
mardraum
frost

mine would be something like this:

below the lights
ruun
mardraum
isa
monumension
eld
blodhemn
frost

I know I sound like a total ass licking fanboi, but I just can't place any Enslaved albums above each other. They are all amazing in their own right.

There's very few bands I feel this way about, but the entire Enslaved discography is fantastic.

Man, is Frost really that bad? I was really looking forward to picking it up.

I truly believe Enslaved has not recorded one bad album. A very consistent band from the first to the last. I don't like the word "progression" it's bantered around way too much. I prefer "evolvement" in that, they are superb musicians and brilliant songwriters since Vikling veldi. Frost, most definitely is NOT a bad album. Don't hesitate to pick it up, Naboo.

Status
Not open for further replies.