The ENSLAVED thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao, I didn't negative rep you on the one. I come here to troll, and you manage to make a more absurd and hilarious target out of yourself than all the elist black metal nerds and shitmetal fans put together.

!!!!!!!!!! somebody call hubster !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm here, take your hand off my cock already.

Burzum blows

illidurit has a sore mouth, perhaps you can take his place :D

most of you tarts ... think by listening to enslaved, immortal, emperor and weakling that you all have completely grasped the entire black metal genre ... that is until mikael cites burzum and darkthrone as a direct influence, then you will probably feel compelled to include those in your pseudo elitest repertoire of "OK bands to listen to", merely stating their "atmosphere and artistic vision were PrOgReSsIvE enOuGh!!"

I wish I could have put it that way myself. Well said man. The herd mentality of this place is fucking annoying, it seems as soon as Akerfeldt makes a statement about anything everyone jumps on board. If the man starts to wear pink undies and fucking announces it, an entire mob of you will rush out to buy them too.

Darkthrone are quite possibly THE single most overrated, rubbish band that I have ever heard anyone attach credibility to.

+20. Champion post.

id take burzum over enslaved. but its kind of apples and oranges anyway.

Most definitely. I myself could not choose either, they both serve different moods etc. I look to them both for different reasons and like them both for different reasons. At their core, I find them both able to stand firmly on their own merits and characteristics.

As someone said earlier (I think it was derbeder) I'd have to agree that as far as Norsk Black Metal is concerned in the current day, Enslaved are definitely flying the banner (followed by Tåke, but Tåke is more representative of a more "pure" style as opposed to Enslaved's newer style).

Regardless, there's a lot of interesting and refreshing things happening in other countries too. Sifting through the endless pile of garbage to find it is the fun part :erk:

HAY GUYS CAN I DO MY RANKING NOW TOO?!?!? PLEASE SERIOUSLY I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW EVERYONE YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO LOVE IT!!!!
:lol: :eagerlyawaitslofl:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineFeetUnderground View Post
most of you tarts ... think by listening to enslaved, immortal, emperor and weakling that you all have completely grasped the entire black metal genre ... that is until mikael cites burzum and darkthrone as a direct influence, then you will probably feel compelled to include those in your pseudo elitest repertoire of "OK bands to listen to", merely stating their "atmosphere and artistic vision were PrOgReSsIvE enOuGh!!"
I wish I could have put it that way myself. Well said man. The herd mentality of this place is fucking annoying, it seems as soon as Akerfeldt makes a statement about anything everyone jumps on board. If the man starts to wear pink undies and fucking announces it, an entire mob of you will rush out to buy them too.
Well! I honestly didn't know Mikael liked those bands.. I would've thought he'd have been a bit too snobby to like them.

To be honest, i've checked out 2 bands because of Mikael citing them as an influence or through an involvement with Opeth - Camel and Porcupine Tree.
Any other band was either through my own exploration or through my family or friend's recommendation... And I can safely say, i've never listened to a band through seeing NFU recommend it :lol::Smug:

btw someone neg repped me because i said: ''die in a fire, faggot'' to some dude that likes the new In Flames radio-hit ''leeches''.
i deserved it?

yea seriously... boo hoo, somone neg repped you for stating an opinion? do you really care that much about your reputation on an internet forum?

Hubster seems to thrive off the notion that half of the forum is sucking him off... how would he go on otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.